Windows 10: Bluescreen after demanding games

Discus and support Bluescreen after demanding games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer crashes seemingly randomly when playing demanding games, 1 time in Ready or Not2 times in Counter-Strike 2and 1 time in Fortnite, which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AntiantM, Sep 5, 2023.

1. AntiantM Win User

Bluescreen after demanding games

My computer crashes seemingly randomly when playing demanding games, 1 time in Ready or Not2 times in Counter-Strike 2and 1 time in Fortnite, which I have the dump forI scanned memory using the windows memory diagnostic, and it didn't find anythingI also did /SFC scannow, but the only file that was repaired seemed to only be a onedrive file,I have the latest Nvidia driver as wellhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1MWP4h5IueOAbr1_nm9MtZ87giexpFWzP/view?usp=drive_link Msinfohttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1hUDL3gVQ8aHDZy3WzACu2porsRDCWDtS/view?usp=drive_link Minidump

:)

AntiantM, Sep 5, 2023
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Bluescreen mainly when playing games

Hi Tobias,

We're unable to view and download the dump files. When video games cause bluescreens, then we have to check the game's minimum and recommended system requirements. To help us further, we'd like to know the following information:

• What are the names of the games causing bluescreens?
    • Could you tell what antivirus program you are using?
    • Are you using a client to launch games or they are standalone?
    • Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have triggered this?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Have you tried playing and using Teamspeak one at a time?

In the meantime, we recommend following the solution on this link to troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    We look forward to your reply.

Erika Aro, Sep 5, 2023
  3. bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 5, 2023
  4. S.D.K Win User

File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Sep 5, 2023
Thema:

1. Bluescreen after demanding games - Similar Threads - Bluescreen demanding games

2. PC freezes demanding games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes demanding games: So I've had this PC since 2013 stopped upgrading it in 2017. I've been using it extensively for video rendering work and 4K gaming, so I know exactly its bending points when it comes to performance. It has worked flawlessly up until a few weeks ago when I noticed Pathfinder...
  3. PC freezes demanding games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes demanding games: So I've had this PC since 2013 stopped upgrading it in 2017. I've been using it extensively for video rendering work and 4K gaming, so I know exactly its bending points when it comes to performance. It has worked flawlessly up until a few weeks ago when I noticed Pathfinder...
  4. Get a Bluescreen everytime i try to play more demanding games. Watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get a Bluescreen everytime i try to play more demanding games. Watchdog violation: I've been getting a lot of bluescreens for the last couple of weeks. It happens every time I play more demanding games like Cyberpunk or Elden Ring. Before my computer crashes I always get the sound of ejecting a USB device, then my computer freezes. I've tried some different...
  5. Get a Bluescreen everytime i try to play more demanding games. Watchdog violation

Get a Bluescreen everytime i try to play more demanding games. Watchdog violation: I've been getting a lot of bluescreens for the last couple of weeks. It happens every time I play more demanding games like Cyberpunk or Elden Ring. Before my computer crashes I always get the sound of ejecting a USB device, then my computer freezes. I've tried some different...
  6. Get a Bluescreen everytime i try to play more demanding games. Watchdog violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Bluescreen after demanding games

Bluescreen after demanding games: My computer crashes seemingly randomly when playing demanding games, 1 time in Ready or Not2 times in Counter-Strike 2and 1 time in Fortnite, which I have the dump forI scanned memory using the windows memory diagnostic, and it didn't find anythingI also did /SFC scannow, but...
  8. Bluescreen after demanding games

Bluescreen after demanding games: My computer crashes seemingly randomly when playing demanding games, 1 time in Ready or Not2 times in Counter-Strike 2and 1 time in Fortnite, which I have the dump forI scanned memory using the windows memory diagnostic, and it didn't find anythingI also did /SFC scannow, but...
  9. Bsod after playing demanding games for a while

Bsod after playing demanding games for a while: Hello there, I've built a new gaming pc a few months ago (in March). Due the lack of good experience with the building itself, I've used another forum for finding the components and their compatibility with each other, and a professional shop to built it and install the...
  10. B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games: Hello there, hope that some techie-demigod around this forum is able to help me with this strange crashing pattern. It started yesterday evening while playing a Dead by Daylight on steam. Suddenly, while trying to leave the game, the screen went black and the GPU fans...