Windows 10: Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode

Discus and support Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was encrypting a secondary os, w10, and the process required to restart the PC. By default restarted in the primary os, w11, when I tried to continue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by martin_____m, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode

I was encrypting a secondary os, w10, and the process required to restart the PC. By default restarted in the primary os, w11, when I tried to continue the encrypting process of the secondary disk, bitlocker asks for the recovery kid. When I insert the correct recovery Key the response is a blue screen, a fatal error: unmontable boot unit.Any ideas how to solve this issue? It would be the worst thing to loose all my data.

:)

martin_____m, Dec 25, 2022

2. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 25, 2022
  3. ARC1020 Win User
    Windows 10 Mobile Bitlocker Recovery Key Blue Screen

A couple of weeks ago I posed a question HERE regarding how to tell whether Windows 10 Mobile device storage was actually encrypted and if so where were the recovery keys stored. The good news, is that the device storage is indeed encrypted when turning 'Device Encryption' on. The bad news is that I still don't know where the recovery keys are stored and it can permanently lock you out of your device.

Earlier I reset a Lumia 630 running Windows 10 Mobile 10586.36 (Settings > System > About > Reset Phone) and when it restarted I was faced with a blue Bitlocker Recovery Key screen. The problem being, that it's a Desktop Bitlocker Recovery screen and as this is a mobile device it's completely useless as you can't do anything with it, it just locks you out of the device. Hard-resetting the phone (Volume Down and Power buttons) doesn't work either, it just reboots the device to the Bitlocker screen again.

Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode [​IMG]

All is not lost though, as it's possible to Flash the phone back to the original OS by running the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool'. When connecting the phone to the PC and running the Device Recovery Tool, the tool doesn't recognise the device though with it in it's Bitlocker Recovery state and just shows the Firmware and OS as 'Unknown'. So you then need to click on the 'My Device Was Not Detected' button and follow the on-screen prompts. After a few restarts, it will then flash the phone back to the original Windows 8 OS. Bit of a pain, but at least not totally bricked.

Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode [​IMG]

I'm not sure why resetting the phone triggered the Bitlocker Recovery Screen, as I've also reset a Lumia 640 and that didn't trigger the Recovery Mode. The only differences is that I'd unlocked the 630 from it's mobile carrier and also it didn't have a SIM card or internet connection when I reset it. Other that than they were identical, so rather strange.

ARC1020, Dec 25, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode

Bitlocker Blue Screen no recovery key

Hi Richard,

On the blue screen is there a code and a web link for you to enter the code into in order to get the Bitlocker Recovery Key?

DaveM121, Dec 25, 2022
Thema:

Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode

1. Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode - Similar Threads - Blue screen trying

2. Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen: I recently changed motherboard, case, cpu cooler and case fans from my hp omen 25l and upon the first boot, it is stuck in the blue screen asking for bitlocker recovery key. When i go to aka.ms/myrecoverykey it says “You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your...
  3. Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen

Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen: My laptop isn’t hacked but has some problem so I reset it. When my lap in the Microsoft reset screen, one screen requires Bitlocker recovery so I requested for Bitlocker and it worked on that screen. After that, it moves to the blue screen and also requires Bitlocker...
  4. Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen: My laptop isn’t hacked but has some problem so I reset it. When my lap in the Microsoft reset screen, one screen requires Bitlocker recovery so I requested for Bitlocker and it worked on that screen. After that, it moves to the blue screen and also requires Bitlocker...
  5. Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode

Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode: I was encrypting a secondary os, w10, and the process required to restart the PC. By default restarted in the primary os, w11, when I tried to continue the encrypting process of the secondary disk, bitlocker asks for the recovery kid. When I insert the correct recovery Key...
  6. Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen trying to run the Bitlocker recovery mode: I was encrypting a secondary os, w10, and the process required to restart the PC. By default restarted in the primary os, w11, when I tried to continue the encrypting process of the secondary disk, bitlocker asks for the recovery kid. When I insert the correct recovery Key...
  7. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Mode: My Bitlocker has been triggered in the safe boot mode and unfortunately I can't recover the Bitlocker Recovery Key/Password. I have tried all the options of recovering the the Bitlocker Recovery Key but the results aren't positive. The only option left now is to erase all the...
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

Bitlocker Recovery Mode: My Bitlocker has been triggered in the safe boot mode and unfortunately I can't recover the Bitlocker Recovery Key/Password. I have tried all the options of recovering the the Bitlocker Recovery Key but the results aren't positive. The only option left now is to erase all the...
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Bitlocker Blue Screen no recovery key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker Blue Screen no recovery key: Bitlocker Blue Screen asks me fo Recovery Key I dont have one and logging into microsoft account does not work. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-blue-screen-no-recovery-key/50221188-7dfa-412c-a3dd-b5eafbdf7f5c