Windows 10: Blocking External storage - please advise!

Discus and support Blocking External storage - please advise! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, I got permission from my management to block external storage for all the users using Bitdefender in the organisation and implemented it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KrishnaKA2810, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Blocking External storage - please advise!

Recently, I got permission from my management to block external storage for all the users using Bitdefender in the organisation and implemented it.

After implementing it, some users complained that they have some files in their hard disk and some of them use pen-drive for e-signature.

In this case, how do I inform the management on the above issues so that I can again implement it without any problems?

submitted by /u/KrishnaKA2810
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KrishnaKA2810, Aug 20, 2020

2. Update Assistant does not detect External Storage Device

I am currently facing an issue with the update assistant. The problem comes from the prompt as seen from this webpage

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-10-freeing-up-space-to-install-latest-update

The issue is in "Step 2: Connect an external storage device". It says to
    "Connect your external storage device and wait until you see it in the drop-down list" but the external storage device already connected to my device (and shows up on My PC) is not shown on the drop down list. Can you help?

Blocking External storage - please advise! c6321704-8541-466f-88a9-ab5e75fbdf04?upload=true.png

Haziq Jamaludin, Aug 20, 2020
  3. how to Block USB storage on Windows 10 Computers

Requirement :- Block All usb storage media and provide access to only company provided USB storage device(maximum of 10)

Preference :- Group policy ,Defender ,ATP

User count :- Apprx 30K

Antivirus :- Windows defender

Kindly suggest whether below task can be accomplished using group policy or any alternate way,if yes,please help me required steps

rahul1991ZC, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Blocking External storage - please advise!

Quirky behaviour with external HDD

Since you have already checked Device Manager and did not see any errors, we suggest that you manually uninstall the device drivers for your external drives. Doing this will allow the system to install the driver for your external drive automatically and
    correct any error. You can follow the steps below to uninstall the device driver:

• Search for Device Manager via Cortana and hit the
      Enter key.
    • Go to View, and click Show hidden icons.
    • On the Device Manager, check under Universal Serial Bus Controllers (if the drive is connected via USB). The drive should appear as a USB Mass Storage Device.
    • Uninstall the USB Mass Storage Device listed in the Device Manager.
    • Restart your PC.
    • After restarting, allow the default USB Mass Storage Device drivers to be automatically downloaded by windows. Make sure that you are connected to the internet for this process to push through.
    • Reinstall all other drivers from the support website of your External drive.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Blocking External storage - please advise!

1. Blocking External storage - please advise! - Similar Threads - Blocking External storage

2. BSOD - please advise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - please advise: Dear Community,Could you please help me with the below BSOD minidumps? What hardware has caused those 2 crashes?Link: https://1drv.ms/u/c/4f84fd252378ac2c/EagKjQZY_QlBuNqtek3GtRYBWOqjcXHM__a9Vu_qY6x73A?e=433V4kMy system: Windows 11 Pro 64 bitsThank you in advance!...
  3. BSOD - please advise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - please advise: Dear Community,Could you please help me with the below BSOD minidumps? What hardware has caused those 2 crashes?Link: https://1drv.ms/u/c/4f84fd252378ac2c/EagKjQZY_QlBuNqtek3GtRYBWOqjcXHM__a9Vu_qY6x73A?e=433V4kMy system: Windows 11 Pro 64 bitsThank you in advance!...
  4. external storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    external storage: I have an ebook connected via usb but when I try to back up files to it I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage/05d593e9-1751-430f-b8ea-5f508bc15fe2
  5. External storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External storage: Connected an external storage device but no wav files are being shown for my music media. Drive is being recognised but no files found. Help?***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Hardware and network/Xbox on Windows***...
  6. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please insert the external storage media and press ok: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help me to reset my pc and login...
  7. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please insert the external storage media and press ok: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help me to reset my pc and login...
  8. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Please Advise Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Advise Me: Hi, Please advise me , i received Message About activate Win.10, I Have the same p.c. serial No. Same Microsoft Account . So ,what is the problem? Thank you for your reply...
  10. BlueScreen Error - Please advise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BlueScreen Error - Please advise: Hi, My windows 10 PC keeps keeps restarting to due to Bluescreen errors. Tends to happen when I'm not even using my PC. PC is up to date with updates. Please help if possible. Thanks so much. I can provide minidump file at a later stage. Thanks. Mark Error message:...