Windows 10: "Blocked for your protection"

Discus and support "Blocked for your protection" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Install is "Blocked by system administrator for your protection" contact administrator. But I am the system administrator. The registry is missing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChaimWilson, Aug 8, 2023.

1. "Blocked for your protection"

Install is "Blocked by system administrator for your protection" contact administrator. But I am the system administrator. The registry is missing the policies key and the enable Lua key. In a previous fix of the block, I changed the value of one of these keys I've forgotten b/c I'm old. It was not a Smart Screen problem previously.The program is a word processer of a foreign language. The seller was unable to help.I recently reset the pc, keeping the files.Please advise! Does the pc have to be reset again to repair the registry for the missing keys?Attached is Google's advice about 1 regist

:)

ChaimWilson, Aug 8, 2023

2. This app has been blocked for your protection: inetmgr.exe

Hi Lindsay,

In addition to the steps that were already provided in this thread, we would also like to verify if you have tried checking if the app is being blocked by Windows Defender. The "This app has been blocked for your protection" error may also
    occur when SmartScreen is blocking the app. To unblock, you can follow the steps below:

• Open the file/program blocked by SmartScreen.
    • Locate and right-click the file.
    • Select Properties and go to General tab.
    • Right next to Security, add a check mark on Unblock.

You also disable/turn off Windows Defender SmartScreen temporarily and check if the issue will still persist. You can do this by navigating to
    Windows Defender Security Center app > App and browser control >
    Check apps and files > select Off
    for apps and files, Microsoft Edge, and
    Windows Store apps

Feel free to respond back and tell us the result.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 8, 2023
  3. vicf1 Win User
    Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Aug 8, 2023
  4. sharonVJ Win User

"Blocked for your protection"

This App has been blocked for your protection - Windows 10 Professional

This App has been blocked for your protection - Windows 10 Professional

New HP Workstation running Windows 10 Professional.

I've installed the Sage Accounts main program OK.

But I need to apply a patch to bring it up to the same version number as on the old PC, otherwise it will not run - data is from a later version of sage and it shuts down.

Getting the 'This App has been blocked for your protection" message.

• I've tried right-clicking the exe file to run as administrator - no joy
    • I've googled various suggestions, non of which seem to apply - perhaps there is difference on W10Pro?

including regedit - couldn't find the file to change.

in file properties there isn't an unblock option

another suggestion to find the 'hidden administrator' account also didn't work

etc etc
    I'm stuck!

The Sage accounts program will not run until I apply this patch.

Location of the patch file: c:/Windows/ProgramData/Sage/SBD Software Updates/Downloaded

Please help

Thank you

sharonVJ, Aug 8, 2023
Thema:

"Blocked for your protection"

1. "Blocked for your protection" - Similar Threads - Blocked protection

2. "Protected Memory Access Blocked"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Protected Memory Access Blocked": I was checking my Protection history and I see this.I did my research and knew that this is connected to my laptop/windows. My question is that if it is connected to windows, why do I still need to allow it to work and why did my laptop block it? I'm just worried that it is a...
  3. "Protected Memory Access Blocked"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Protected Memory Access Blocked": I was checking my Protection history and I see this.I did my research and knew that this is connected to my laptop/windows. My question is that if it is connected to windows, why do I still need to allow it to work and why did my laptop block it? I'm just worried that it is a...
  4. Message says, "This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message says, "This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this...: In Properties, on the General tab for a screenshot I just made on a computer, it says, "This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this computer" but the screenshot was made on the same computer the massage occurred. Why is this?...
  5. Message says, "This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this...

Message says, "This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this...: In Properties, on the General tab for a screenshot I just made on a computer, it says, "This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this computer" but the screenshot was made on the same computer the massage occurred. Why is this?...
  6. Message says, "This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Message says, "This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this...: On the Properties tab for a screenshot I just made on a computer, it says, "This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this computer" but the screenshot was made on the same computer the massage occurred. Why is this?...
  7. Protected Folder Access Won't allow me to even see what it has blocked.. I can't access those.

Protected Folder Access Won't allow me to even see what it has blocked.. I can't access those.: Hello there,As the title speaks for itself. I just so happen to download an application, it blocked it. Now this isn't new to me. I've done it several times now. I can always go check what it has blocked and whether or not should I allow it. But now, after it blocked the...
  8. Protected Folder Access Won't allow me to even see what it has blocked.. I can't access those.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protected Folder Access Won't allow me to even see what it has blocked.. I can't access those.: Hello there,As the title speaks for itself. I just so happen to download an application, it blocked it. Now this isn't new to me. I've done it several times now. I can always go check what it has blocked and whether or not should I allow it. But now, after it blocked the...
  9. Protected Folder Access Won't allow me to even see what it has blocked.. I can't access those.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration

how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration: how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked bu administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-virus-and-threat-protection-when-it/cb35c929-0a09-4cf5-9a56-0cb312853c39