Windows 10: Blank folder in This PC > Devices and drives

Discus and support Blank folder in This PC > Devices and drives in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I noticed a Terabox file in Devices and drives, I can't do anything with it so I decide to look up for this issue on internet. After follow a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Khanh _, Jul 19, 2024.

1. Khanh _ Win User

Blank folder in This PC > Devices and drives

Recently I noticed a Terabox file in Devices and drives, I can't do anything with it so I decide to look up for this issue on internet. After follow a guy has the same situation as me he told to open regedit and ctrl F the key word Terabox by Key Value and Data then dete all of it. The Terabox file didn't disappear but it end up turned into a blank unamed folder in devices and drives, I also continue to look for some related problems but still can't delete it.

:)

Khanh _, Jul 19, 2024
  2. stribor14 Win User

"Devices and drives" blank file

I found similar queries around internet but there was no solution. Problem is when on Windows (usualy Windows 10), in Windows Explorer under This PC, appears blank file icon in "Devices and drives" and you can only delete, but it returns
    when you open WE again.

It happened when bluetooth device started to appear without being connected (non-existent device) and user cannot interact with it.

SOLUTION:

• Open registry editor (Win + R, regedit)
    • (OPTIONAL if you still have existent device) search for that device name and delete whole Key from registry tree
    • go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\
    • Export whole NameSpace Key
    • Delete NameSpace Key (there will be an error msg and NameSpace Key will remain, but empty)
    • Import it again
    Windows will try to return all Folders, Drives and Devices, but as we deleted non-existent device and/or there is no device Key, it will skip import of "Blank file"

stribor14, Jul 19, 2024
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Blank folder in This PC > Devices and drives :D

PVTCaboose1337, Jul 19, 2024
  4. bro67 Win User

Mapped network drive shows only blank screen

Umm that is not a blank screen. That is a blank Windows Explorer window. It is showing at the top that there is nothing in that folder. Suggest you try with another device to find out if that folder really does have something in it.

bro67, Jul 19, 2024
Thema:

1. Blank folder in This PC > Devices and drives - Similar Threads - Blank folder Devices

2. Blank folder in This PC > Devices and drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank folder in This PC > Devices and drives: Recently I noticed a Terabox file in Devices and drives, I can't do anything with it so I decide to look up for this issue on internet. After follow a guy has the same situation as me he told to open regedit and ctrl F the key word Terabox by Key Value and Data then dete all...
  3. Mapped drive folders show as blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped drive folders show as blank: I have 3 computers out of 16 that show mapped drive connections as blank when accessing the files. The bottom left shows the correct item counts, and the quick access column reveals subfolders, but the main explorer window shows as blank even on reboot, restart of explorer...
  4. Mapped drive folders show as blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drive folders show as blank: I have 3 computers out of 16 that show mapped drive connections as blank when accessing the files. The bottom left shows the correct item counts, and the quick access column reveals subfolders, but the main explorer window shows as blank even on reboot, restart of explorer...
  5. Mapped drive folders show as blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Pc blanking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc blanking: So my 1 month old custom built by me pc will run certain games without a hitch and it's fine and good, but after 2-15 minutes of certain games TF2, Fortnite, Apex Legends, CSGO, Realm Royale the computer either closes the game after showing a short black screen or shows a...
  7. Folder name blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder name blank: Folder name is blank, but the files in it are visible: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations. I cannot delete, rename or replace the folder. There isn't a security tab in properties. How can this be dealt with? 146462
  8. Files appeared under folder devices and drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files appeared under folder devices and drives: There 3 folder with 2 3 GB information under folder (devices and drives) There is no option to delete these files. I have noticed them just today. It wasn't there How to delete?...
  9. one drive folder in this pc folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one drive folder in this pc folder: due to new window features update may 2019 , folder of onedrive has been disappeared how I get this onedrive folder in "this PC" folder(my computer folder) again...
  10. Invalid/Blank Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid/Blank Folders under This PC: Alright, any help will be appreciated. Using File Explorer, under Windows 10 Pro I have "blank" folders that cannot be deleted or unpinned. This is the error I am receiving below. (Note I have tried sfc /scannow with Admin privileges and looking for the CLSID code in the...