Windows 10: Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

Discus and support Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Sorry for the length of this. I simply want to completely explain the problem with the hope that it can finally be resolved.I have a Dell XPS desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mike DeweyAZ, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

Sorry for the length of this. I simply want to completely explain the problem with the hope that it can finally be resolved.I have a Dell XPS desktop system with an Intel i7 processor, an internal Dell DVD-RW drive, and an external ASUS Blu-Ray DVD-RW. I have windows 10 Home version 10.0.19045 and the Dell BIOS is 1.1.28, dated 12/28/2022. Based on Dell Update and Windows Update & Security, all the drivers are up to date.For both DVD drives, they recognize and play music and video DVDs, but when a blank, Sony DVD-R is installed in either DVD drive, within File Explorer the DVD icon turns g

:)

Mike DeweyAZ, Feb 24, 2023
  2. ChuckyA Win User

blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner

I’m running windows 10. In the past I’ve burned slides and videos onto blank DVD –R discs using Explorer and NERO. I’ve also burned slides onto CD-R discs. Now, for no apparent reason, neither of my 2 DVD drives will recognize a blank DVD-R disc. I’ve
    used blank SONY discs (which have been problematic in the past) and Verbatim discs with AZO backing (which have always worked flawlessly in the past) in both drives yet neither drive recognizes either disc. I’ve made the following recommended registry changes,
    none of which resolved the problem:

• Remove DVD devices and allow pnp to reinstall
    • In registry, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    remove upper filters and lower filters

• In registry, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0
    change Enum Device 1 to 1

• Services > Shell Hardware Detection set to auto (already was auto)
    The only recent change made to this machine was the replacement of a PS2 mouse and keyboard with a wireless mouse and keyboard (I can’t check to see if this was the source of the problem as the PS2 mouse and keyboard have been discarded

ChuckyA, Feb 24, 2023
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

The Windows Shell tracks the state of DVD drives. This issue occurs because there is an error in the state tracking logic. This error causes the Windows Shell to behave as if the drive is inaccessible. Therefore, the drive
    state is not displayed correctly in Windows Explorer.

You may try the troubleshooting steps, you haven’t performed yet, listed in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    and check if it works.

Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to this
    link.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 24, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

Burn files and documents to the computers DVD recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check fi t helps

• Press Windows + x, and select Control panel.

• Select Auto play.

• Under DVD select Blank DVD.

• Click on Chose a Default.

• Select Burn file to Disk File Explorer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 24, 2023
Thema:

Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

1. Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Blank DVD recognized

2. Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer: Sorry for the length of this. I simply want to completely explain the problem with the hope that it can finally be resolved.I have a Dell XPS desktop system with an Intel i7 processor, an internal Dell DVD-RW drive, and an external ASUS Blu-Ray DVD-RW. I have windows 10 Home...
  3. Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer: Sorry for the length of this. I simply want to completely explain the problem with the hope that it can finally be resolved.I have a Dell XPS desktop system with an Intel i7 processor, an internal Dell DVD-RW drive, and an external ASUS Blu-Ray DVD-RW. I have windows 10 Home...
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize blank CD or DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not recognize blank CD or DVD: I have two Dell desktops, each was able to format and burn files to CD's and DVD's previously. Neither will do so now. I have tried deleting the drives and rebooting but problem still remains. I can do both operations on a Dell laptop with external burner. If I format a CD or...
  5. Windows 10 will not recognize blank CD or DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not recognize blank CD or DVD: I have two Dell desktops, each was able to format and burn files to CD's and DVD's previously. Neither will do so now. I have tried deleting the drives and rebooting but problem still remains. I can do both operations on a Dell laptop with external burner. If I format a CD or...
  6. Windows 10 will not recognize blank CD or DVD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. DVD player will not recognize my blank DVD's

DVD player will not recognize my blank DVD's: I have an HP CDDVDW SH-216ALN When I insert a blank DVD-RW, DVD+RW or DVD-R File Explorer says that there is no disc in the drive. However it will read a CD and a commercial DVD The discs are not faulty since they are all read in my husband's computer without any...
  8. File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive: I just purchased a HP290-p0043w. Everything seems to be working fine except for an annoyance with Windows File Explorer. If I put a DVD into the DVD Writer, I hear sounds like the PC is reading the DVD. However, in the File Explorer window, the Navigation Pane does not...
  9. blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner

blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner: I’m running windows 10. In the past I’ve burned slides and videos onto blank DVD –R discs using Explorer and NERO. I’ve also burned slides onto CD-R discs. Now, for no apparent reason, neither of my 2 DVD drives will recognize a blank DVD-R disc. I’ve used blank SONY discs...
  10. DVD not recognized with blank disk and no burn available

DVD not recognized with blank disk and no burn available: Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 150615.332)HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX [img] I wanted to burn an ISO to dvd and clicked Burn on the context menu. The above message came up. Checked Device Manager and there was no indication of the dvd. On a chance I...