Windows 10: Black screen while restarting!

Discus and support Black screen while restarting! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So whenever I am restarting my pc I get a black screenNo Cursor which is not going away. I have to switch it off and then again boot my pc and that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArpitBisht, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Black screen while restarting!

So whenever I am restarting my pc I get a black screenNo Cursor which is not going away. I have to switch it off and then again boot my pc and that is working fine . But the pc is not able to restart is there any fix??

:)

ArpitBisht, Jun 25, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 25, 2021
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Black screen while restarting!

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Black screen while restarting!

1. Black screen while restarting! - Similar Threads - Black screen while

2. Black screening while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screening while gaming: I've replaced memory, motherboard reinstalled windows uninstalled drivers and made sure all are up to date. I'm really out of my league when it comes to troubleshooting this issue and would love some help.,Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting...
  3. Black screening while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screening while gaming: I've replaced memory, motherboard reinstalled windows uninstalled drivers and made sure all are up to date. I'm really out of my league when it comes to troubleshooting this issue and would love some help.,Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting...
  4. Black screen while gaming

Black screen while gaming: Before I start explaining the issue here are my specs + os:OS: WIndows 11MB:B450 TOMAHAWKGPU: RX 580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight CoreI've been having this issue for almost more than 2 months my screen has been going black under load and the pc has still been running mouse and...
  5. Black screen while playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen while playing: Hey!It's the second time I get a black screen with the sound freezing playing Gw2 in the last 6 months. Had to restart the computer both times using the power button as I couldn't do anything. I don't have this problem playing any other games so I'd like to know if the...
  6. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  7. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  8. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows black screen while automatic restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows black screen while automatic restart: Since yesterday I have had the problem that my laptop keeps restarting and it also has a black screen. That happened when I accidentally actually wanted to do a troubleshoot entered the BIOS and left it without saving didn't change anything. After I opened it, I took out...
  10. Black screen at restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen at restart: Since installing the cumulative update for version 1903 on 08-14-19, my system gives me nothing but black screen at every restart. I finally got my desktop back after spending half my workday going through the arduous process of trying to get to the safe mode options, but it...