Windows 10: Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

Discus and support Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just purchased a new SSD to replace my old dying HDD. I was excited for the upgrade and couldn't wait to put it in my PC. However when I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Angelo Gonzalez2, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

I just purchased a new SSD to replace my old dying HDD. I was excited for the upgrade and couldn't wait to put it in my PC. However when I installed the SSD and attempted to boot up my PC, I am just met with a black screen. Nothing happens, there are no loading notifications, I can't enter my bios, it is just black. I checked before buying this SSD for compatibility and I was told they are compatible, so I am hoping that somebody out there can help me. I have searched on youtube and google all over and can't seem to find this exact issue. My windows is installed on the C drive if that matters.

:)

Angelo Gonzalez2, Dec 15, 2023
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 15, 2023
  3. Black screen ryzen 5 160p new ssd

Hello Jimmy,

Black screens are sometimes encountered when you install Windows 10 for the first time. This may also happen during the Windows 10 install process or just after the Windows setup is complete.

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Dec 15, 2023
  4. Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 15, 2023
Thema:

Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

1. Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD. - Similar Threads - Black Screen startup

2. Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.: I just purchased a new SSD to replace my old dying HDD. I was excited for the upgrade and couldn't wait to put it in my PC. However when I installed the SSD and attempted to boot up my PC, I am just met with a black screen. Nothing happens, there are no loading notifications,...
  3. Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.: I just purchased a new SSD to replace my old dying HDD. I was excited for the upgrade and couldn't wait to put it in my PC. However when I installed the SSD and attempted to boot up my PC, I am just met with a black screen. Nothing happens, there are no loading notifications,...
  4. Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

7. Blue-screen after installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue-screen after installing new SSD: Hi all! I recently installed an SSD, and only just recently has it begun crashing daily. I'll list out some details below:SSD: https://www.amazon.com/LEVEN-Internal-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B08DTR8RGR?th=1LEVEN JS600 4TB SATA IIISetup: I used AOMEI partition assistant to transfer...
  8. Blue-screen after installing new SSD

Blue-screen after installing new SSD: Hi all! I recently installed an SSD, and only just recently has it begun crashing daily. I'll list out some details below:SSD: https://www.amazon.com/LEVEN-Internal-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B08DTR8RGR?th=1LEVEN JS600 4TB SATA IIISetup: I used AOMEI partition assistant to transfer...
  9. Black screen after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after startup: Black screen before windows start up Hey, I have a Lenovo idea pad I got given as a hand me down from my sister. Was not in great shape when I received it but I reset it to factory setting and has been working fine for about 2 months since. A couple of weeks ago I started...
  10. black screen after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen after startup: After startup my monitor is black. If I hold down Win+Ctrl+Shift and hit B, there is a beep and the monitor is normal. I've tried all kinds of suggestions with no success. It started after a Win 10 Pro Version 2004 update. I have na HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Desktop Mini which...