Windows 10: Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

Discus and support Black screen and operating system not booted on startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This morning I tried to turn on my laptop but when i pressed the power button it would turn on the keyboard backlight and other such lights but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZenzekiOfficial, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

This morning I tried to turn on my laptop but when i pressed the power button it would turn on the keyboard backlight and other such lights but the screen is black and a graphics driver restart does not make any sound which leads me to believe the operating system is not even booted. I checked shortcuts that may turn off the display or if my volume was muted and that was not the case, what might the problem be?

:)

ZenzekiOfficial, Jul 13, 2023

2. black screen after startup

Hi Hardy,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the model number of the system?

2. Did you make any changes in the system settings prior to this issue?

3. Are you getting any error code or error message?

I suggest you to run Startup repair from Advance boot option.

It may ask you to insert the Installation DVD/USB while doing startup repair.

You have to create an installation media for that. You may download an ISO from the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once your media is ready follow the steps.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Select Troubleshoot from choose an option screen.
    • Click on Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
    • Click on Automatic Repair from Advanced Options screen.
    • Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.
    • Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.
    Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Jul 13, 2023
  3. windows 10 can't boot, black screen.

Hello,

• What is the make and model of you system?
    • Do you receive any exact error message?
    There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen. These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer. The main causes observed are:

• The video output is being sent to an unexpected port
    • Problems with the driver for your display adapter
    I suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestions provided by Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015 and see if this helps in resolving the issue.

Redirecting

If the issue still persists, perform Startup Repair using Windows 10 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps. Initiating repair from DVD may have different results.

Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your computer for the problem and then tries to fix it so your computer can start correctly.

Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in the System Recovery Options menu. This set of tools is located on your computer's hard disk and on the Windows installation disc.

If you don’t have the bootable DVD or USB drive, please refer to the steps in the article given below to create one and then follow the steps given below.

Create installation media for Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have made the bootable USB or DVD drive, please follow the steps.

• Insert the installation DVD or USB
      and boot Windows 10 from it.

• In the ‘Windows setup’
      page, select thelanguage to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select
      ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select
      Startup Repair'
      and select the operating system.
    You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from DVD.

Note:
    Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings

Keep us posted with the status of black screen issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 13, 2023
  4. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

Black screen on boot windows 10

Try this one.

Startup Repair can be included on your computer. You can run Startup Repair to perform a scan and fix potential issues.

Startup Repair doesn’t restore a computer to its factory settings, but it can potentially fix errors that prevent you from booting into the system.

The steps to access Startup Repair are:

• Start the computer
    • Press the key before the Windows 10 logo appears ( in your case black screen )
    • At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer
    • Press
    • At the System Recovery Options window, choose Startup Repair
    • Follow the instructions to start the repair process

Benyamin Aser, Jul 13, 2023
Thema:

Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

1. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup - Similar Threads - Black screen operating

2. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and operating system not booted on startup: This morning I tried to turn on my laptop but when i pressed the power button it would turn on the keyboard backlight and other such lights but the screen is black and a graphics driver restart does not make any sound which leads me to believe the operating system is not even...
  3. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and operating system not booted on startup: This morning I tried to turn on my laptop but when i pressed the power button it would turn on the keyboard backlight and other such lights but the screen is black and a graphics driver restart does not make any sound which leads me to believe the operating system is not even...
  4. Advanced startup boots into black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  5. Advanced startup boots into black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  6. Question Black screen instead of "Choose an operating system menu", then normal boot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question Black screen instead of "Choose an operating system menu", then normal boot...: Hello, I had Windows 10 installed on one partition, and then installed Windows 10 on another partition. The first time I restarted the laptop after the installation finished, I got the "Choose an operating system" (you know, the blue menu with white font) menu (with the two...
  7. Operating system not found at startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Operating system not found at startup.: No problem I will just reset this pc so I can keep my files right? Apparently not. When I try to do anything in troubleshooting it asks me to log in to my admin account. Password incorrect. I must've forgotten my password. Reset it and try again, password incorrect. Repeat 3...
  8. Black screen missing operating system

Black screen missing operating system: Hello I use windows 10, my computer slowed down and I wanted to reset it, a black image appeared on reset, I decided to shut down the computer, when I restarted it it told me missing operating system, when I click the del key on the keyboard to enter bios at the bottom of...
  9. Startup boot to black screen

Startup boot to black screen: ive recently built a new computer and installed windows 10 from the usb media however after a day or so the computer will boot to a black screen several times before give the C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrialtxt error message. I have tried just about everything when I...
  10. Boot loop and black startup screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop and black startup screen: Hello I am trying to reinstall win. 10 on my lenovo thinkpad e540. I first tried with creation tool on a 8 gb usb pin that didn't work. Everytime I reached 60% an error message popped up saying it couldn't recognize something. I then made a recovery key on my usb pin...