Windows 10: Black screen after replacing psu

Discus and support Black screen after replacing psu in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey everybody. My computer started crashing over and over again. Narrowed it down to my psu. I replaced the psu and now everything powers up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Jester1989123, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Black screen after replacing psu

Hey everybody.

My computer started crashing over and over again. Narrowed it down to my psu.

I replaced the psu and now everything powers up and stays running but the screen is black.

I remember facing an error like this one I was building a computer awhile back and I ended up using an older video card to get it going than. Uninstalled video drivers and rebooted.... I don't have an older video card and was hoping for advice before I went and bought one.

The gpu definitely works...

Read more

Jester1989123, Oct 3, 2023

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 3, 2023
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 3, 2023
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black screen after replacing psu

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 3, 2023
Thema:

Black screen after replacing psu

1. Black screen after replacing psu - Similar Threads - Black screen replacing

2. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement: as the title reads, the PC has been giving me grief for the last past month, continually black screen rebooting, when under load and even sometimes just scrolling the web. first thinking it was the power supply. I replaced the power supply about three weeks ago and still...
  3. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement: as the title reads, the PC has been giving me grief for the last past month, continually black screen rebooting, when under load and even sometimes just scrolling the web. first thinking it was the power supply. I replaced the power supply about three weeks ago and still...
  4. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sudden black screen/crash even after component replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden black screen/crash even after component replacement.: Hi all,I've been experiencing an issue where my screen would suddenly turns black and become non-responsive all audio will be lost 2-3 seconds after the black screen that i could only regain control after a hard-restart. This issue has been happening for quite a while and...
  6. Sudden black screen/crash even after component replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden black screen/crash even after component replacement.: Hi all,I've been experiencing an issue where my screen would suddenly turns black and become non-responsive all audio will be lost 2-3 seconds after the black screen that i could only regain control after a hard-restart. This issue has been happening for quite a while and...
  7. Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU

Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU: Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 months. My previous NVIDIA 3070 with 650w PSU had no issues. I installed a new NVIDIA 3080ti with EVGA 850w PSU. While gaming on 1 monitor and having my 2nd monitor on, after some time both screens will go black, I will...
  8. Dead PSU - temporary replacement with spare PSU.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dead PSU - temporary replacement with spare PSU.: Hi Everyone. So, this morning my trusty 11-year-old PSU 850w died. Not too upset as it has had a really good run. I have a spare PSU 750w that I have taken out of the studio computer set-up that I know is good. I don't want to go through the process of re-routing all my...
  9. Black screen, keyboard unresponsive, requires PSU off/on to restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen, keyboard unresponsive, requires PSU off/on to restart: Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.719) Occasionally, not seemingly connected to gaming or any particular activity (sometimes even when computer is idle), my monitor will cut out, my keyboard will freeze up (eg cannot toggle NumLock), and the power buttons on...
  10. Black screen, keyboard unresponsive, requires PSU off/on to restart

Black screen, keyboard unresponsive, requires PSU off/on to restart: Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.719) Occasionally, not seemingly connected to gaming or any particular activity (sometimes even when computer is idle), my monitor will cut out, my keyboard will freeze up (eg cannot toggle NumLock), and the power buttons on...