Windows 10: Black lines following my cursor

Discus and support Black lines following my cursor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried asking earlier and the answer did not work. I do not know how, but when I was typing, I pressed some combination of buttons, and this strange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cole Gaskin, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Black lines following my cursor

I tried asking earlier and the answer did not work. I do not know how, but when I was typing, I pressed some combination of buttons, and this strange black crosshair is following my mouse. The only assistance I can give is I was trying to press Ctrl+I to italicize. Powerkeys is not the answer, I have tried to fix it there and it doesnt not work.

:)

Cole Gaskin, Feb 28, 2024
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Vertical lines behind text cursor. HELP!

Hi,

It is possible that the vertical lines behind text cursor that you see, is can be due to corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the Meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and restore corrupted files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Thin black line

Hi Stuart,

I would suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting:

Method 1: Please run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound”

• Select "Hardware and Devices"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Install all the patches and available updates from Windows updates.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Windows update settings" without quotes and hit enter.

• Under Updates click on check for updates

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Black lines following my cursor

Windows 10 Black Screen, No Cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please follow the below suggestion and check if that helps.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps.

Perform SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system
    files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support ( Applies to Windows 10 as well).

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Black lines following my cursor

1. Black lines following my cursor - Similar Threads - Black lines following

2. I was watching a Youtube video untill I noticed a white line following my cursor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was watching a Youtube video untill I noticed a white line following my cursor.: I was watching a Youtube video untill I noticed a white line following my cursor, but it was only following my cursor. How do I remove it? The white line is not on my whole screen, its just on the video. I am using a laptop....
  3. I was watching a Youtube video untill I noticed a white line following my cursor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was watching a Youtube video untill I noticed a white line following my cursor.: I was watching a Youtube video untill I noticed a white line following my cursor, but it was only following my cursor. How do I remove it? The white line is not on my whole screen, its just on the video. I am using a laptop....
  4. Black lines following my cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black lines following my cursor: I tried asking earlier and the answer did not work. I do not know how, but when I was typing, I pressed some combination of buttons, and this strange black crosshair is following my mouse. The only assistance I can give is I was trying to press Ctrl+I to italicize. Powerkeys...
  5. There is a vertical line and horizontal line that is coming from my cursor and following it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a vertical line and horizontal line that is coming from my cursor and following it: It started happening today morning after i updated my laptop, updating/uninstalling drivers dont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-vertical-line-and-horizontal-line-that/e763ad4c-2d32-4516-8b9e-ff12561045fc
  6. There is a vertical line and horizontal line that is coming from my cursor and following it

There is a vertical line and horizontal line that is coming from my cursor and following it: It started happening today morning after i updated my laptop, updating/uninstalling drivers dont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-vertical-line-and-horizontal-line-that/e763ad4c-2d32-4516-8b9e-ff12561045fc
  7. Why is my cursor following my arrow keys???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my cursor following my arrow keys???: Hi, My laptop is a HP. And, I have 1 problem, Why does it keep moving around the same area where im clicking the rrow keys e.g. clicking up, the cursor goes up how to fix this??...
  8. Why is my cursor following my arrow keys???

Why is my cursor following my arrow keys???: Hi, My laptop is a HP. And, I have 1 problem, Why does it keep moving around the same area where im clicking the rrow keys e.g. clicking up, the cursor goes up how to fix this??...
  9. Preparing automatic repair followed by Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preparing automatic repair followed by Black screen with cursor.: When I turned on my pc it showed preparing automatic repair. After a short while it took me to a black screen with a cursor. I couldnt do anything and I was pretty worried so I tried searching up ways to fix the problem. However so far all of them havent worked for me. I...
  10. Black screen with cursor after login Windows 10 (following update)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor after login Windows 10 (following update): Last night I did an 'update and shut down' and when I turned my laptop on today I got to the lock screen OK but after logging on, the screen was black apart from the cursor. I restarted my laptop but that had no effect. Task manager opens alright and I can see that, same for...