Windows 10: Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

Discus and support Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an external hard drive. It keeps asking me the recovery key, I already inserted the 48 digits but it says it’s incorrect, and that’s the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kitty P1, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Kitty P1 Win User

Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

Hi, I have an external hard drive. It keeps asking me the recovery key, I already inserted the 48 digits but it says it’s incorrect, and that’s the only key I have on my notes that they gave me a while ago. I have tried many methods such as Cme prompt, but I can’t unlock my disk, please help

:)

Kitty P1, Jan 31, 2023

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jan 31, 2023
  4. Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

Bitlocker Recovery Key

No, no other accounts.

What puzzles me is why the Bitlocker recovery key is not listed on the microsoft account, but there is a recovery key listed there for a computer I do not recognise.

I have several laptops but only the HP Envy has had Bitlocker on it. So what key is this on my account? And why isn't the Envy key there?

Jeremy Taylor1, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

1. Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key - Similar Threads - Bitlocker won’t recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key not working: Botlocker activated. Don’t know why. Entered key as in my Microsoft account. Says unlocking, diagnosing your PC, Automatic repair- your PC didn’t start correctly- with options of restart takes me back to hit locker screen or advanced options...
  3. BitLocker recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery key not working: Hello, I have got a blue screen with request to enter BitLocker recovery key. I logged in to my account and used listed recovery key. But this recovery key does not help and there is no other option to get access to PC anymore. I looked into all possible information on web...
  4. Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key: Hi, I have an external hard drive. It keeps asking me the recovery key, I already inserted the 48 digits but it says it’s incorrect, and that’s the only key I have on my notes that they gave me a while ago. I have tried many methods such as Cme prompt, but I can’t unlock my...
  5. Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key: Hi, I have an external hard drive. It keeps asking me the recovery key, I already inserted the 48 digits but it says it’s incorrect, and that’s the only key I have on my notes that they gave me a while ago. I have tried many methods such as Cme prompt, but I can’t unlock my...
  6. bitlocker recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker recovery key not working: I am receiving a bitlocker recovery key message. I entered the bitlocker recovery key 3 different times and it tries to restart but doesn't. I am getting the same request for a bitlocker recovery key. I am not able to do anything further on the computer. Just keep getting...
  7. BitLocker Recovery key Not Working!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Recovery key Not Working!: Hi Please Help me!!!! I changed my windows password and my password BitLocker on the driver not working anymore. it doesn't accept the recovery key and the Key ID has changed!!!...
  8. BitLocker recovery key is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker recovery key is not working: My computer got fixed recently and the BitLocker key that showed up when logging into my microsoft account is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-is-not-working/71503dd2-7ae7-4179-843c-45f33f6cd0aa
  9. BitLocker Recovery key not working

BitLocker Recovery key not working: My dell tablet locked me out and is asking for a BitLocker recovery key, but the tablet is under my dads email so I can't access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-not-working/0dbd4f1f-2d95-4ad3-84b8-a65a27976bb2
  10. Bitlocker key won’t work

Bitlocker key won’t work: Turned on dell laptop yesterday to a blue screen asking for a bitlocker recovery key. Accesses my microsoft account which identifies my Dell. Click on the manage bitlocker icon and taken to a page with two bitlocker keys but neither of these appear to be for the Dell despite...