Windows 10: Bitlocker reset

Discus and support Bitlocker reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have changed my mother board and now ssd has bitlocker which i want to reset. I have old bitlocker key kindly guide me how can i reset my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MUNEERA LATEEF, Oct 18, 2024 at 5:57 AM.

1. Bitlocker reset

Hi I have changed my mother board and now ssd has bitlocker which i want to reset. I have old bitlocker key kindly guide me how can i reset my bitlocker key

:)

MUNEERA LATEEF, Oct 18, 2024 at 5:57 AM
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

4. Bitlocker reset

Bitlock recovery to reset password

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your PC due to a forgotten password. In this situation, you can try using the BitLocker recovery key to reset your password. Here are the steps:

1. On the sign-in screen, click on "I forgot my password" or "Reset password."
    2. On the next screen, enter your Microsoft account email address or phone number associated with your account.
    3. You will be prompted to enter the recovery key. Copy and paste the BitLocker Recovery Key from your Microsoft account page where your device is listed under "Devices."
    4. Once you have entered the recovery key, follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
    If you don't have access to the BitLocker recovery key or if it doesn't work, you can try using the Windows installation media to reset your password. Here are the steps:

1. Create a Windows installation media (such as a bootable USB drive or DVD) on another working PC using the Media Creation Tool provided by Microsoft.
    2. Insert the installation media into your locked PC and restart it.
    3. Press the necessary key to access the boot menu or BIOS setup, and select the installation media as the boot device.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows.
    5. When you reach the screen where you're prompted to select the partition to install Windows, click on "Repair your computer" instead.
    6. Select "Troubleshoot" and then "Reset this PC" or "Advanced options" and then "Command Prompt."
    7. In the Command Prompt, type the following command to reset the password for the local user account: net user [username] [newpassword], where [username] is the name of the locked account and [newpassword] is the new password you want to use.
    8. Restart your PC and sign in with the new password.
    I hope this helps you regain access to your PC. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Shuaib

MohammedSH_31, Oct 18, 2024 at 6:28 AM
Thema:

Bitlocker reset

1. Bitlocker reset - Similar Threads - Bitlocker reset

2. Bitlocker reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker reset: Hi I have changed my mother board and now ssd has bitlocker which i want to reset. I have old bitlocker key kindly guide me how can i reset my bitlocker key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-reset/2d483dc4-471a-42f9-b0d8-6d50f6b84c6f
  3. Bitlocker reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker reset: Hi I have changed my mother board and now ssd has bitlocker which i want to reset. I have old bitlocker key kindly guide me how can i reset my bitlocker key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-reset/2d483dc4-471a-42f9-b0d8-6d50f6b84c6f
  4. Where is my bitlocker? Just factory reset and no bitlocker update but it updated my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my bitlocker? Just factory reset and no bitlocker update but it updated my laptop...: I just factory reset my laptop and you have not given me my bitlocker! Where the **** is my bitlocker????????? You obviously know I have a new one because you updated my laptops name. I can't pull it up via command prompts or maybe I don't have the specific one. I will make a...
  5. Where is my bitlocker? Just factory reset and no bitlocker update but it updated my laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my bitlocker? Just factory reset and no bitlocker update but it updated my laptop...: I just factory reset my laptop and you have not given me my bitlocker! Where the **** is my bitlocker????????? You obviously know I have a new one because you updated my laptops name. I can't pull it up via command prompts or maybe I don't have the specific one. I will make a...
  6. How to reset your computer when prompted for BitLocker recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset your computer when prompted for BitLocker recovery: Hi!I did the most recent update for my hp, and now I'm being prompted to put in my BitLocker recovery key. Problem is, I don't have a recovery key. I have been trying to reset my computer by troubleshooting it, but every option I select won't work. Anyone know how I can reset...
  7. How to reset your computer when prompted for BitLocker recovery

How to reset your computer when prompted for BitLocker recovery: Hi!I did the most recent update for my hp, and now I'm being prompted to put in my BitLocker recovery key. Problem is, I don't have a recovery key. I have been trying to reset my computer by troubleshooting it, but every option I select won't work. Anyone know how I can reset...
  8. I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop...: I have reset my laptop using bios and now I done even know what a recovery bitlocker key is and no clue how to go about finding someone who can help me because I log in and my account says I have none...
  9. I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop...

I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop...: I have reset my laptop using bios and now I done even know what a recovery bitlocker key is and no clue how to go about finding someone who can help me because I log in and my account says I have none...
  10. Can microsoft reset my bitlocker password?

Can microsoft reset my bitlocker password?: My company has been acquired and the legacy company does not have the bitlocker password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-microsoft-reset-my-bitlocker-password/825a9db7-7b9c-433c-a0f1-4ea494b6c152