Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did a antivirus scan and set it to restart after it finished. And ever since then, my Asus rog strix g15 laptop has been stuck in this loop of auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by A_R0D, Sep 27, 2023.

1. A_R0D Win User

Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs

I did a antivirus scan and set it to restart after it finished. And ever since then, my Asus rog strix g15 laptop has been stuck in this loop of auto repairs. Ive tried a lot of different things but none have seem to work. I don't hav a restore point so it wont let me do that either. I keep getting stuck with having to put my bit locker recovery key before trying anything but it keeps prompting me to put it in. I also tried resting my pc but i want to keep my files, and it wont let me do that either. Any help would be great ?

:)

A_R0D, Sep 27, 2023
  2. James Win User

Bitlocker Stuck Decrypting

@rinconmike For future reference, instead of using the TASK MANAGER to restart, you can simply hold CTRL + SHIFT and right click on blank space on the Task bar, to bring up 'Exit Explorer'. Another option is to use software.
    From m3datarecovery Download Instructions
    From m3datarecovery - *Smile

James, Sep 27, 2023
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 27, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

BitLocker Recovery key not found

Hi all,

I have a Dell XPS 13 9360 running Windows 10.1 Home. Here's what happened:

• I was using Spotify one day and my computer started hanging. So I restarted the computer via the Start menu.
    • The computer went into automatic repair and then automatic repair failed. I disabled automatic repair using bcdedit and rebooted.
    • Then the computer went into Windows recovery. When I was exploring the different options on recovery, I noticed that some of them requested for the Bitlocker recovery key before I could proceed.
    • This was the first time I knew of BitLocker’s existence, so I definitely did not activate BitLocker manually. I’m not sure how my internal SSD contents got encrypted on their own.
    • I tried solutions like secure boot in BIOS, resetting BIOS settings to their defaults, all with no luck. At one point I also re-enabled Automatic repair.
    • Now, when the affected computer is booted up, I am brought to the BitLocker recovery screen.
    Based on my reading and conversations with Microsoft Tech Support, when a Windows 10 Home computer is purchased, and the user signs in to a Microsoft account on first startup, BitLocker is setup automatically.

So I went to that same Microsoft account that I used to setup the affected computer.

Sure enough, my device was listed there:

Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs a07e7747-625b-474c-8701-a41b851df395?upload=true.png

It even told me BitLocker was ON when I clicked “Manage”.

Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs 9e7a33dd-27d6-476b-a55c-5d91c86e261d?upload=true.png

However when I clicked “Manage recovery key” and I got past the 2 factor authentication, I got this…

Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs 43182919-90e8-4a49-9a71-7546fc588355?upload=true.png

? It seems that no recovery key is associated with my account. But how is that possible given that this was the correct account that was used to setup the device, the device is listed in the account, and it even tells me BitLocker ON?

Regarding the other possibilities where BitLocker recovery keys may be found:

1. The hyperlinks https://onedrive.live.com/recoverykey, aka.ms/recoverykey also don't work.
    2. This is a home computer, so the recovery key cannot be on Azure Active Directory services.
    3. Since BitLocker was activated by itself, there’s also no way the recovery key could be on a printout.
    4. I’ve already checked all my USB drives and no recovery key was present.

The data in my computer is valuable so I can't afford to format the disk.

Could someone help? Thanks.

Moved from: Outlook.com / Security, privacy, accounts / Other

***Original Title: BitLocker locked my drive by itself after failed automatic repair and recovery key is missing***

Tenforo, Sep 27, 2023
Thema:

1. Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen: I recently changed motherboard, case, cpu cooler and case fans from my hp omen 25l and upon the first boot, it is stuck in the blue screen asking for bitlocker recovery key. When i go to aka.ms/myrecoverykey it says “You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your...
  3. Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen: I recently changed motherboard, case, cpu cooler and case fans from my hp omen 25l and upon the first boot, it is stuck in the blue screen asking for bitlocker recovery key. When i go to aka.ms/myrecoverykey it says “You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your...
  4. When is the Bitlocker "Manage Recovery Key" be repaired?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When is the Bitlocker "Manage Recovery Key" be repaired?: Hello Microsoft,My Leveno laptop has a Bitlocker Recovery screen and I can't do anything. It said to go online to my account Microsoft, log on, and go to device and click on "Manage Recovery Key". It comes up with a melted ice cream and says unavailable, try again later. I...
  5. When is the Bitlocker "Manage Recovery Key" be repaired?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When is the Bitlocker "Manage Recovery Key" be repaired?: Hello Microsoft,My Leveno laptop has a Bitlocker Recovery screen and I can't do anything. It said to go online to my account Microsoft, log on, and go to device and click on "Manage Recovery Key". It comes up with a melted ice cream and says unavailable, try again later. I...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs: I did a antivirus scan and set it to restart after it finished. And ever since then, my Asus rog strix g15 laptop has been stuck in this loop of auto repairs. Ive tried a lot of different things but none have seem to work. I don't hav a restore point so it wont let me do that...
  7. First stuck on Automatic Repair Loop but now stuck on Recovery screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    First stuck on Automatic Repair Loop but now stuck on Recovery screen: Hello,I've been stuck on the automatic repair loop and I couldn't boot into my laptop at all. I tried altering some boot configuration settings myself with the cmd but I think I made a mistake with making some of the changes. I was following the instructions of a Youtube...
  8. BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically: May you please assist. We have recently noted that most of our new purchased computers in my organisation have BitLocker enabled automatically when the machine is setup. Users are are not aware that they have BitLocker since BitLocker seems not to have been setup to require...
  9. Automatic repair failing - Lost bitlocker recovery key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic repair failing - Lost bitlocker recovery key.: I have a Windows 10 laptop with bitlocker turned on. Bitlocker was turned on before my time it seems. Our Sys Admin has no idea where the key would be. Anyways the machine is in a "automatic repair failed" loop and won't boot up. Any solution to fix boot issues on this thing?...
  10. Stuck in automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in automatic repair: Split from this thread. Hey Greg, hope you and your loved ones are safe and sound! A few hours ago i tried installing an antivirus and it was having some issues so i think i restarted my Dell a couple of times and then i was completely shut out! I’ve been stuck with this...