Windows 10: bitlocker on sellers account

Discus and support bitlocker on sellers account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi i have a laptop i bought from someone recently and i just got locked out with bitlocker and i dont have the key what should i do? he didnt reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jaylen Brown1, Mar 30, 2023.

1. bitlocker on sellers account

hi i have a laptop i bought from someone recently and i just got locked out with bitlocker and i dont have the key what should i do? he didnt reset the laptop before giving it to me and i tried contacting him but no answer

:)

Jaylen Brown1, Mar 30, 2023
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Mar 30, 2023
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 30, 2023
  4. bitlocker on sellers account

Bitlocker Questions

Thanks. I am going to now do step 7 which will take a while to encrypt.

- - - Updated - - -

I skipped step 1 and just stick with the default 128 bit security like I did previously.

Did step 4.

Now when I do step 6... which tells me to do step 7, 8 or 9 which is essentially the same step of turning on bit locker...

I get this message

This pc requires a startup option that isn't supported by bitlocker setup. Please contact your system administrator to turn on bitlocker.

Why do I have this message?

- - - Updated - - -

Does this message has something to do with my user accounts or something?

I see in user accounts

My name
    local account
    Administrator

I checked online that in user account, an account is either a local account or administrator. But mine is both or is it local account?

So why can I not turn bitlocker on?

- - - Updated - - -

So I tried the 3 different ways to get to the local C drive. In the first way of just going to my pc and then going to local disk c drive and then right click on turn bitlocker on... i get that message i mentioned above.

Now when i just type go to start menu and type i bitlocker, it shows manage bitlocker so i click on that...

It shows c drive: bitlocker off... next to it is Turn bitlocker on and when click on it... same message

Below it does show the words

Fixed data drives

Removable data drives - Bitlocker to go
    Insert a removable usb flash drive to use bitlocker on the go

What mistake am I making here? Is it an admin thing or is it something else? You mentioned in step 4, to make every allow to REQUIRE... so im not sure why im getting this message?

paulyjustin, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

bitlocker on sellers account

1. bitlocker on sellers account - Similar Threads - bitlocker sellers account

2. Fake key seller scams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fake key seller scams: I bought a digital activation key from a seller, a merchant from a ebay type website which i believe the hey was fake as it didn't work. i then bought another key from a another seller which activated the 1st time. After leaving a 1 star review for the fake seller they are...
  3. No Bitlocker key found and seller does not have it on his account. My laptop still request...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bitlocker key found and seller does not have it on his account. My laptop still request...: Screen says to enter Bit Locker key but not in my account or in the seller's. I have decided to wipe out laptop, but it still asks for Bitlocker key. Please how do i completely wipe and reset back to Windows11 pro or 10 Pro without key? TY...
  4. No Bitlocker key found and seller does not have it on his account. My laptop still request...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Bitlocker key found and seller does not have it on his account. My laptop still request...: Screen says to enter Bit Locker key but not in my account or in the seller's. I have decided to wipe out laptop, but it still asks for Bitlocker key. Please how do i completely wipe and reset back to Windows11 pro or 10 Pro without key? TY...
  5. bitlocker on sellers account

bitlocker on sellers account: hi i have a laptop i bought from someone recently and i just got locked out with bitlocker and i dont have the key what should i do? he didnt reset the laptop before giving it to me and i tried contacting him but no answer...
  6. Seller

in Windows 10 Customization
    Seller: Sos_pop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seller/a276ff55-5349-4347-9083-149fb7ff6f9f
  7. Seller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seller: Sos_pop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seller/a276ff55-5349-4347-9083-149fb7ff6f9f
  8. Seller

9. Is the seller a Microsoft authorized supplier

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is the seller a Microsoft authorized supplier: I am not sure if the seller is a Microsoft authorized supplier. His products are priced very low and should be sold illegally. All his website and account information are listed below.Website https://gekeys.com/,Fackbook account...
  10. why i can not open my seller account on flipkart?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why i can not open my seller account on flipkart?: I am using window 10 but I could not open seller.flipkart.com website why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-can-not-open-my-seller-account-on-flipkart/c0f64d4a-1e0b-4623-8c5e-cd852b2b7095