Windows 10: Bitlocker key not in my account.

Discus and support Bitlocker key not in my account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, this is now the third laptop that Microsoft has bricked by installing/activating something without my permission. The first couple were old... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Joseph Marcus1, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Bitlocker key not in my account.

So, this is now the third laptop that Microsoft has bricked by installing/activating something without my permission. The first couple were old laptops, and were locked up because of a forced install of a newer version of Windows. This laptop was barely a year old. It has, for the last year, been locked by Bitlocker. The emails used to sign into the computer do not have recovery keys. I need a tech to look up the email associated with the registry number so that I can unlock this computer and my teenager can continue his education over the summer. I can visit the Los Angeles office if an in-pe

:)

Joseph Marcus1, Dec 12, 2023

2. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Dec 12, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Dec 12, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Bitlocker key not in my account.

Can't Open My Bitlocker and Can't Sign In My Account

Hello Cornelia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. Base on the description you posted, you're getting an error when trying to send a code whenever you try to log in to your account which could possibly caused by multiple attempt of sending codes trying to access the Bitlocker recovery key. I understand how you must be feeling right now but for me to understand you better, I would like to ask you a few questions.

• Do you have the two step verification enabled on your Microsoft account that's why you have to send a code every time you try to sign in?
    • Do you still have your Microsoft Account password and does it still work?
    • Is there any other verification option added on your account aside from sending a code?
    • Is there an option saying "Other ways to sign in" when you try to log in to your account?
    So far with the description you posted, the issue with BitLocker is still ongoing. It is suggested to try the steps below to try getting the BitLocker key displayed on your account if you can already sign in.

• In the browser, sign-out of the Microsoft account that contains the Bitlocker recovery key and close the browser.
    • Now, sign out of the second MSA and sign back in with the original MSA. Is the Bitlocker recovery key now displayed?
    If you cannot log in to your account because Microsoft still cannot send you a code, please try logging in to this page Microsoft account | Home using in private browser, different browser and try to use a different device. If none works, please try to connect to a different internet connection/network then sign in to the website.

Please let us know if the steps above works. I am looking forward for your next reply. Thank you

Regards,

Microsoft Community

Tenforo, Dec 12, 2023
Thema:

Bitlocker key not in my account.

1. Bitlocker key not in my account. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker key account

2. Bitlocker key not in my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key not in my account.: So, this is now the third laptop that Microsoft has bricked by installing/activating something without my permission. The first couple were old laptops, and were locked up because of a forced install of a newer version of Windows. This laptop was barely a year old. It has,...
  3. Bitlocker key not in my account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key not in my account.: So, this is now the third laptop that Microsoft has bricked by installing/activating something without my permission. The first couple were old laptops, and were locked up because of a forced install of a newer version of Windows. This laptop was barely a year old. It has,...
  4. windows asking for bitlocker key,but under my microsoft account there is no bitlocker key

windows asking for bitlocker key,but under my microsoft account there is no bitlocker key: windows asking for bitlocker key upon starting my laptop,but under my microsoft account there is no bitlocker key exist.I can not login to my windows now.Already took laptop to bestbuy where i bought it, they checked everything under my microsoft account and laptop and...
  5. No BitLocker key found on my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No BitLocker key found on my account?: My Alienware laptop needed the motherboard replaced and after Dell did the repair the computer asked for a BitLocker recovery key. I had never even heard of BitLocker before so I followed the online instructions to get the key. I logged into the Microsoft account I used to...
  6. No BitLocker key found on my account?

No BitLocker key found on my account?: My Alienware laptop needed the motherboard replaced and after Dell did the repair the computer asked for a BitLocker recovery key. I had never even heard of BitLocker before so I followed the online instructions to get the key. I logged into the Microsoft account I used to...
  7. Bitlocker key not showing in My Account

Bitlocker key not showing in My Account: My Dell Windows 11 laptop upgraded from Windows 10 a year ago crashed and is stuck on the blue sceren of the machine rest options. I don't want to wipe the machines data so need to input the bitlocker key, but I have never had one presented to me and MS has not added it in to...
  8. Bitlocker key not showing in My Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key not showing in My Account: My Dell Windows 11 laptop upgraded from Windows 10 a year ago crashed and is stuck on the blue sceren of the machine rest options. I don't want to wipe the machines data so need to input the bitlocker key, but I have never had one presented to me and MS has not added it in to...
  9. Bitlocker recovery key not in my account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker recovery key not in my account: MS service provider set up windows pro and now i do not have the bitlocker key and am locked out of my computer drives. No help from MS either bc it is impossible to find anyone to help -- online, in person, etc. Insane....
  10. Bitlocker key not presented in my account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker key not presented in my account: After a Windows update days ago, my laptop crashed and a blue screen shows up whenever I restarted it. To proceed any fix steps, it requires a Bitlocker key which I never used. I found that my device is correctly associated with this account and I can even find it indicates...