Windows 10: Bitlocker key lenovo windows 10?

Discus and support Bitlocker key lenovo windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to find the bitlocker recovery key for lenovo windows 10? I know I never set it up as its my personal laptop and for some reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lauren Noon, Jul 18, 2024.

1. Bitlocker key lenovo windows 10?

Does anyone know how to find the bitlocker recovery key for lenovo windows 10? I know I never set it up as its my personal laptop and for some reason the laptop itself isn't on my microwsoft account even though it should be. I've tried everything but can't seem to find it.

:)

Lauren Noon, Jul 18, 2024
  2. Tim B 79 Win User

Recorded BitLocker Key / Swapped Drive / Permanently lost BitLocker Key?

The gist: Lenovo support recommended a drive swap (from corporate computer with broken screen to temporary one). Initially, the BitLocker key worked and now it fails. IT told me it cannot be salvaged.

Computers: Corporate Windows Lenovo ThinkPad P15 Gen2's and we use "Intune."

Steps:

1. I'm instructed by IT & Lenovo to send my computer in for repairs seemingly unrelated to the hard drive (monitor completely black with power on). Lenovo warns "ANY" repair can destroy all data and recommends a drive swap. Confirm with 3 Lenovo representatives this is okay for relative novice.
    2. Record BitLocker key and perform the swap.
    3. Restart temp computer, input key on blue screen and everything's good but Microsoft Teams.
    4. Repeat step 3.
    5. Restart temp computer, input key on blue screen and Teams works.
    6. Restart temp computer and BitLocker no longer accepts the key.
    7. Lenovo sends back fixed computer. Install original SSD. Screen is fixed, but BitLocker no longer accepts the key.
    8. My Account shows two devices -- with the same name -- associated to me. The "Inactive" one has my recorded key. The "Active" one says, "No BitLocker recovery key found for this device."
    9. IT says BitLocker keys should rotate when doing what I did. Initially, they failed to rotate -- the reason why steps 3 - 5 "worked." Then, the rotation happened -- step 6 -- but the new BitLocker key wasn't saved anywhere. I am currently assuming they would have checked something like the Azure Active Directory.
    10. Part of me doesn't believe the BitLocker key couldn't have been saved anywhere. I know what I did isn't typical for an employee, but still there have to be a lot of drive swaps in the world -- saving BitLocker keys can't be this fragile.
    I know this is long and appreciate any assistance. Have a good year in any event.

Sincerely,

Tim

Tim B 79, Jul 20, 2024
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jul 20, 2024
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Bitlocker key lenovo windows 10?

Bitlocker key Lenovo 100S

Hi,

There are several reasons why your PC is getting a blue screen and was asking you to enter your BitLocker recovery key, such as failed attempts to sign in or you've encountered a hardware malfunctions, an unexpected configuration change, or another security
    event. Recovery key will be able to secure your device that only an authorized person can unlock your device and restore it. To know more about your issue about BitLocker, we would like to know the following:

• Is your account being managed by an IT administrator?
    • Have you tried looking for your BitLocker recovery key? If no, kindly click on this
      link
      for tips on where you can look for it.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Clark Ari, Jul 20, 2024
Thema:

Bitlocker key lenovo windows 10?

1. Bitlocker key lenovo windows 10? - Similar Threads - Bitlocker key lenovo

2. Bitlocker key lenovo windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key lenovo windows 10?: Does anyone know how to find the bitlocker recovery key for lenovo windows 10? I know I never set it up as its my personal laptop and for some reason the laptop itself isn't on my microwsoft account even though it should be. I've tried everything but can't seem to find it....
  3. Bitlocker key lenovo windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key lenovo windows 10?: Does anyone know how to find the bitlocker recovery key for lenovo windows 10? I know I never set it up as its my personal laptop and for some reason the laptop itself isn't on my microwsoft account even though it should be. I've tried everything but can't seem to find it....
  4. Bought a lenovo thinkpad t480, but theres a bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a lenovo thinkpad t480, but theres a bitlocker recovery key: The laptop is used but in great condition, however It's useless since I can't get to the next step of setting it up without having the bitlocker recovery key. Is there anyway to recover it, or maybe even factory reset it? I spoke to a live chat agent and they told me to just...
  5. Bought a lenovo thinkpad t480, but theres a bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a lenovo thinkpad t480, but theres a bitlocker recovery key: The laptop is used but in great condition, however It's useless since I can't get to the next step of setting it up without having the bitlocker recovery key. Is there anyway to recover it, or maybe even factory reset it? I spoke to a live chat agent and they told me to just...
  6. Bitlocker key Lenovo 100S

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker key Lenovo 100S: Cant use the laptop as apparently Windows installed Bitlocker without my permission and failed to provide the unlock key. How can this situation be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-lenovo-100s/ced0aaf1-8617-4f07-b646-8375ec4f25db
  7. windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key: i got a dell laptop, and while it got problem on thrn on, i sent it to repair. after i get it back, i tried to open it but i was asked a BitLocker key or a BitLocker recovery key which i have got no idea about and i have never set anything like this. i am having no idea about...
  8. Lenovo MIIX 320-10ICR , Bitlocker keys not in Microsoft account

Lenovo MIIX 320-10ICR , Bitlocker keys not in Microsoft account: Newly bought 2 in 1 Laptop. Noticed that a upgrade was recommended by vendor. After downloading the BIO upgrade the PC screens requested the Bitlocker keys due to the upgrade. Since this was the first time no printed or backup was made of the key in the PC locally and is not...
  9. Bitlocker key Lenovo 100s

Bitlocker key Lenovo 100s: Hi there, I have forgot my lenovo 100s password and I'm trying to factory reset it, however it's asking for a bitlocker key and is providing a key id. I have never created a bitlocker key for this device, it's not present in my microsoft account either. How do I open...
  10. Windows 10 key install on Lenovo?

Windows 10 key install on Lenovo?: Does anyone know how i can install my copy of Windows 10 Pro to a lenovo laptop? When i tired to install it i never got asked for a key so it always installs as windows 10 home since the laptop came with windows 8 home and i upgraded it to 10. I think lenovo keeps the key...