Windows 10: Bitlocker cannot set up

Discus and support Bitlocker cannot set up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried turning on bitlocker multiple times and I have received a “Bitlocker set up failed to import the BCD you may need to manually prepare your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelMedina8, May 28, 2024.

1. Bitlocker cannot set up

I have tried turning on bitlocker multiple times and I have received a “Bitlocker set up failed to import the BCD you may need to manually prepare your drive for bitlocker” i dont know what to do next.Please help.

:)

MichaelMedina8, May 28, 2024
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, May 28, 2024
  3. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, May 28, 2024
  4. Johan45 Win User

Bitlocker cannot set up

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 28, 2024
Thema:

Bitlocker cannot set up

1. Bitlocker cannot set up - Similar Threads - Bitlocker cannot set

2. Bitlocker cannot set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker cannot set up: I have tried turning on bitlocker multiple times and I have received a “Bitlocker set up failed to import the BCD you may need to manually prepare your drive for bitlocker” i dont know what to do next.Please help....
  3. I cannot open Bitlocker setting page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot open Bitlocker setting page: I am trying to open Bitlocker setting page to retrieve the code but it’s not opening and giving error message. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-bitlocker-setting-page/c43de70d-b793-424c-92fd-8728971b466b
  4. I cannot open Bitlocker setting page

I cannot open Bitlocker setting page: I am trying to open Bitlocker setting page to retrieve the code but it’s not opening and giving error message. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-bitlocker-setting-page/c43de70d-b793-424c-92fd-8728971b466b
  5. Cannot set up PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up PIN: windows would like me to set up a pin however I cannot approve the request in authenticator app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-up-pin/06c5e16d-75d3-4fe8-90be-7a014e524df8
  6. Cannot set up PIN

Cannot set up PIN: windows would like me to set up a pin however I cannot approve the request in authenticator app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-up-pin/06c5e16d-75d3-4fe8-90be-7a014e524df8
  7. Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network: Hello everyone,I'm a fairly new System Admin at my organization and fairly new to the role all together, and I have been given a task of deploying Bitlocker to all of our computers. They all run Windows 10 Pro 19043 so I don't think that should be a problem. I have been...
  8. BitLocker Missing Parts of the Set-up Process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Missing Parts of the Set-up Process?: I have TPM 2.0 and windows 10 pro. Following several different tutorials, there were stages missing during the setup process that never appeared for me to choose from such as "Run Bitlocker System Check", along with "Encrypting the whole drive" or "Only used space"., etc.....
  9. Cannot set up autologon.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up autologon.: No matter what I do I cannot enable auto logon on my freshly installed copy of Windows 10 Pro. I am told that "The Username or Password is incorrect.Try again." I enter the details and all is OKay. I really am at a loss as to what to do now. 183193
  10. Cannot set-up PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot set-up PIN: [ATTACH]I keep being prompted to set-up a PIN but when I do it prompts me to put a PIN in that I must have previously set-up but I don't know what it is. When I click on FORGOT MY PIN it simply gives me instructions to go the place I started at. There is no reset PIN button....