Windows 10: Bios version wrong only in device manager?

Discus and support Bios version wrong only in device manager? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just today after I update my bios to version 1.29 from HP's website. When I checked my device manager it showed that it is still 1.28. I scanned it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Arbuckle1, Sep 27, 2024 at 10:17 PM.

1. Bios version wrong only in device manager?

Just today after I update my bios to version 1.29 from HP's website. When I checked my device manager it showed that it is still 1.28. I scanned it for device and hardware changes but still the same. If you want to know also I am running windows 10 and it does say the correct version inside the BIOS menu on start up. Should I be worried about this even though everything else says the correct version?

:)

John Arbuckle1, Sep 27, 2024 at 10:17 PM

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

4. Bios version wrong only in device manager?

No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Bios version wrong only in device manager? [​IMG]

Thema:

Bios version wrong only in device manager?

1. Bios version wrong only in device manager? - Similar Threads - Bios version wrong

2. Bios version wrong only in device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios version wrong only in device manager?: Just today after I update my bios to version 1.29 from HP's website. When I checked my device manager it showed that it is still 1.28. I scanned it for device and hardware changes but still the same. If you want to know also I am running windows 10 and it does say the correct...
  3. Bios version wrong only in device manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios version wrong only in device manager?: Just today after I update my bios to version 1.29 from HP's website. When I checked my device manager it showed that it is still 1.28. I scanned it for device and hardware changes but still the same. If you want to know also I am running windows 10 and it does say the correct...
  4. GPU only being noticed in device manager only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU only being noticed in device manager only: I was going to play on my pc today when I noticed that my pc was running slowmainly windows apps are running slowly. At first I thought I had a virus because my cpu was maxing out when task manager wasn't open. But after I ran antivurs software and manually checking for a...
  5. GPU only being noticed in device manager only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU only being noticed in device manager only: I was going to play on my pc today when I noticed that my pc was running slowmainly windows apps are running slowly. At first I thought I had a virus because my cpu was maxing out when task manager wasn't open. But after I ran antivurs software and manually checking for a...
  6. Device boots to wrong version of WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device boots to wrong version of WIN10: I have been trying to reimage a Lenovo laptop with our image of WIN10 Education. With the USB image I'm able to delete all partitions and install the OS on the unallocated drive available after I delete the partitions. We do this to every single laptop that comes across our...
  7. Device boots to wrong version of WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device boots to wrong version of WIN10: I have been trying to reimage a Lenovo laptop with our image of WIN10 Education. With the USB image I'm able to delete all partitions and install the OS on the unallocated drive available after I delete the partitions. We do this to every single laptop that comes across our...
  8. Device boots to wrong version of WIN10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Device manager auto updates into faulty bios

Device manager auto updates into faulty bios: Hi, I could really use some help. Last night, I opened up device manager and updated everything on there without realizing firmware and bios are the same things. So, I updated the firmware in the device manager then it required me to restart my computer. After shutting...
  10. Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk

Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk: Hello everyone, A friend of mine bought a 3TB Seagate SATA drive off eBay about a week ago. He has been having trouble with it since. He said at first the disk showed up in disk management but after a while stopped showing up all together. It wont show up in the BIOS,...