Windows 10: BIOS update deactivated Windows - is my license recoverable?

Discus and support BIOS update deactivated Windows - is my license recoverable? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, In short - I recently updated the BIOS on my Gigabyte Z790 motherboard in order to patch the security flaw that was recently found in a vast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tim B_91, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Tim B_91 Win User

BIOS update deactivated Windows - is my license recoverable?

Hey, In short - I recently updated the BIOS on my Gigabyte Z790 motherboard in order to patch the security flaw that was recently found in a vast number of their boards. This caused my copy of Windows to deactivate as this update was registered as a hardware change. Windows will now not reactivate, as it no longer associates the digital license with this machine and my product key is a default one as it started life about a decade ago as a Windows 7 Home key and has since been upgraded twice. I'm going to give a full timeline of the last 6 months just so you have the full picture. - About 6

:)

Tim B_91, Jul 26, 2023
Thema:

BIOS update deactivated Windows - is my license recoverable?

1. BIOS update deactivated Windows - is my license recoverable? - Similar Threads - BIOS update deactivated

2. Bios update deactivated windows 11 license and Microsoft using refusing to help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios update deactivated windows 11 license and Microsoft using refusing to help: I did a bios update to my motherboard and afterwards my windows 11 license was deactivated, and trying to reactivate just errors out. I've had this windows for awhile, I did an upgrade from windows 10 to 11. I do not have the original key, I have always just reinstalled...
  3. Bios update deactivated windows 11 license and Microsoft using refusing to help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios update deactivated windows 11 license and Microsoft using refusing to help: I did a bios update to my motherboard and afterwards my windows 11 license was deactivated, and trying to reactivate just errors out. I've had this windows for awhile, I did an upgrade from windows 10 to 11. I do not have the original key, I have always just reinstalled...
  4. Updated Bios and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Bios and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License,: After I updated my motherboard BIOS Microsoft deactivated my legal purchased WIN11 Pro 23H2 licence. My legal copy of WIn11 displays Activate Windows Go to settings to activate Windows. I cannot activate Windows.It had been working previously as an activated copy of Win11. I...
  5. Updated Bios and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License,

Updated Bios and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License,: After I updated my motherboard BIOS Microsoft deactivated my legal purchased WIN11 Pro 23H2 licence. My legal copy of WIn11 displays Activate Windows Go to settings to activate Windows. I cannot activate Windows.It had been working previously as an activated copy of Win11. I...
  6. Updated Bios and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License, bought directly from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Bios and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License, bought directly from...: I have been on the phone and chat support all day. I have begged. I have been patient. I need this deactivation bug fixed. I was told again and again, to buy windows license again. But I haven't changed anything.I bought my license directly from Microsoft in 2016. I have the...
  7. Updated Bios and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License, bought directly from...

Updated Bios and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License, bought directly from...: I have been on the phone and chat support all day. I have begged. I have been patient. I need this deactivation bug fixed. I was told again and again, to buy windows license again. But I haven't changed anything.I bought my license directly from Microsoft in 2016. I have the...
  8. BIOS update deactivated Windows - is my license recoverable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS update deactivated Windows - is my license recoverable?: Hey, In short - I recently updated the BIOS on my Gigabyte Z790 motherboard in order to patch the security flaw that was recently found in a vast number of their boards. This caused my copy of Windows to deactivate as this update was registered as a hardware change. Windows...
  9. BIOS Update Deactivates Windows 0x803FABBD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS Update Deactivates Windows 0x803FABBD: After updating my mother board's BIOS windows became deactivated.The built in troubleshooter fails to reactivate windows if I select "I changed hardware on this device recently". Resulting in: "We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has...
  10. BIOS Update Deactivates Windows 0x803FABBD

BIOS Update Deactivates Windows 0x803FABBD: After updating my mother board's BIOS windows became deactivated.The built in troubleshooter fails to reactivate windows if I select "I changed hardware on this device recently". Resulting in: "We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has...