Windows 10: BIOS MODE UEFI

Discus and support BIOS MODE UEFI in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MY PC DOES NOT SUPPORT BIOS MODE UEFI HOW TO SUPPORT THE UEFI IN MY PC INSPIRON 15 5558... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Naresh Singh 26, Aug 26, 2021.

1. BIOS MODE UEFI

MY PC DOES NOT SUPPORT BIOS MODE UEFI HOW TO SUPPORT THE UEFI IN MY PC INSPIRON 15 5558

:)

Naresh Singh 26, Aug 26, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Should I change BIOS Mode to UEFI?

You boot into UEFI mode by disabling CSM mode (or possibly called legacy mode) in your UEFI settings. But, until you prepare your hard drive (or SSD) to boot in UEFI, you likely will fail to boot. To convert your HDD or SSD to boot in UEFI mode you could try this:
    Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss

But, if you succeed in converting the HDD/SSD to GPT, and you can't change you BIOS to boot in UEFI mode, then again you will fail to boot. So, I would suggest that you really know what you are doing before you undertake changing legacy BIOS (CSM mode) booting to UEFI.

I would suggest running Ubuntu in a Virtual Machine rather than dual booting.

NavyLCDR, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Should I change BIOS Mode to UEFI?

Hello,

I would like to dual boot Win 10 (20H2, Build 19042.804) with Ubuntu on my Dell Inspiron 7520. When I open "System Information" I see Bios Mode Legacy. And when I run bcedit from the command line I get: "path \Windows\system32\winload.exe". So I think this means I am using Legacy BIOS. I also ran diskpart and list disk and confirm that my disks are not partitioned in GPT so I guess they must be MBR.

There are instructions here about setting up the dual boot and it talks about needing UEFI. Is it possible to update my laptop to use UEFI? Or maybe I don't need to?

I find all this very confusing! There are instructions about Converting Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI and it says that you must have UEFI firmware (BIOS) enabled.

I have the Dell BIOS firmware A04 on my laptop but when I hit F12 on boot up I don't see any mention of UEFI in the BIOS screens. How do I enable UEFI firmware on my laptop? Is that my first step?

Cheers,

flexmcmurphy, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Monica.Q Win User

BIOS MODE UEFI

Stuck in UEFI BIOS Utility EZ Mode

When I start my pc, it will automatically enter the UEFI BIOS Utility EZ Mode. After press F10 (Save & Exit), it will shut down and restart and enter the UEFI BIOS Utility EZ Mode again.

It's ASUS UEFI BIOS. And I failed to disable the Secure Boot.

PLEASE HELP!!! THANKS A LOT!!!

Monica.Q, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

BIOS MODE UEFI

1. BIOS MODE UEFI - Similar Threads - BIOS MODE UEFI

2. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in UEFI Bios mode: Hi,I wanted to erase the files on my computer to sell it, but when I started it I got a quick message that something was wrong with Windows. Since then I'm stuck in the UEFI Bios mode where I can't get out. Pressing the "Save and Exit" gives me the message that I did not make...
  3. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in UEFI Bios mode: Hi,I wanted to erase the files on my computer to sell it, but when I started it I got a quick message that something was wrong with Windows. Since then I'm stuck in the UEFI Bios mode where I can't get out. Pressing the "Save and Exit" gives me the message that I did not make...
  4. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UEFI BIOS utility - EZ mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI BIOS utility - EZ mode: I want more space for my pc so I was gonna buy a internal hard drive and apon futher look I have a 1tb hard drive inside that wasn't working and was plug in with a power cable and sata cable but my pc was running off a 250gb so I took the 250gb out and booted my pc on 1tb...
  6. UEFI BIOS utility - EZ mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI BIOS utility - EZ mode: I want more space for my pc so I was gonna buy a internal hard drive and apon futher look I have a 1tb hard drive inside that wasn't working and was plug in with a power cable and sata cable but my pc was running off a 250gb so I took the 250gb out and booted my pc on 1tb...
  7. UEFI BIOS utility - EZ mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. uefi bios utility ez-mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    uefi bios utility ez-mode: Salve, da qualche mese non riesco più ad avviare il pc in modo semplice. Ogni volta che avvio il pc a data cambiata mi fa accedere al bios impostato con una data diversa da quella vera, quindi la reimposto correttamente ed eseguo la procedura di salvataggio correttamente....
  9. UEFI bios utility Ez Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI bios utility Ez Mode: Hello, Ive been using my pc for a while now and around a month ago it got stuck in Uefi bios Utility ez mode. To fix the issue i unplugged my mouse and keyboard and restarted my pc and it worked normally. But the issue I have now is every time I start my pc it automatically...
  10. BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?: My Windows 10 says its BIOS mode is Legacy with C drive partition as MBR. Is it worth switching to UEFI mode with C drive as GPT partition? Why does it seem so difficult to install to UEFI mode with GPT partition? You do not get an option to choose when you install windows 10...