Windows 10: BIOS CMOS ISSUE I think is what it said!?

Discus and support BIOS CMOS ISSUE I think is what it said!? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a HP Pavilion Laptop from a friend of a friend. He told me at the time that he wiped it so all i needed to do was reinstall windows10 on it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MaxsHalo, May 9, 2024.

1. MaxsHalo Win User

BIOS CMOS ISSUE I think is what it said!?

I bought a HP Pavilion Laptop from a friend of a friend. He told me at the time that he wiped it so all i needed to do was reinstall windows10 on it. I bought the software but was not able to put window 10 on laptop because an error stated that the storage driver was missing. I was finally able to use a friend computer to download the storage drivers from HP. When turning on computer it asks for administrator password or power-on password. A few months back when i originally bought laptop the admin password was not required. So im not sure why it wants it now. Ive had to install operating syst

:)

MaxsHalo, May 9, 2024

2. Bios update Compatability issues.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to downgrade or upgrade the BIOS?

Since you are trying to make changes in bios, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer for assistance.

BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may
    prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 9, 2024
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 9, 2024
  4. BIOS CMOS ISSUE I think is what it said!?

Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ?

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We'd like to get more information regarding the issue.

1. Are you able to sign in Windows?
    2. Once you sign in, does the display remains same as it is in the screen shot?
    We would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Unplug all external devices except for keyboard and mouse.
    2. Load BIOS settings to default.
    3. Then try to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Looking forward to your response.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, May 9, 2024
Thema:

BIOS CMOS ISSUE I think is what it said!?

1. BIOS CMOS ISSUE I think is what it said!? - Similar Threads - BIOS CMOS ISSUE

2. BIOS CMOS ISSUE I think is what it said!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS CMOS ISSUE I think is what it said!?: I bought a HP Pavilion Laptop from a friend of a friend. He told me at the time that he wiped it so all i needed to do was reinstall windows10 on it. I bought the software but was not able to put window 10 on laptop because an error stated that the storage driver was missing....
  3. BIOS CMOS ISSUE I think is what it said!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS CMOS ISSUE I think is what it said!?: I bought a HP Pavilion Laptop from a friend of a friend. He told me at the time that he wiped it so all i needed to do was reinstall windows10 on it. I bought the software but was not able to put window 10 on laptop because an error stated that the storage driver was missing....
  4. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. I got an automatic BIOS update on my HP laptop months ago, and recently my CMOS was likely messed up. Someone said that trying to upgrade with a...
  5. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. I got an automatic BIOS update on my HP laptop months ago, and recently my CMOS was likely messed up. Someone said that trying to upgrade with a...
  6. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What is CMOS and what is it used for?

in Windows 10 News
    What is CMOS and what is it used for?: CMOS or Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor is a small amount of memory in the motherboard of your computer and is used to store BIOS settings. They are very important for your computer as they store system files that keep track of your date and time and some hardware...
  8. USB issue or at least that is what i think it is

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB issue or at least that is what i think it is: So, i bought myself a new Guitar modeller, the Atomic Amplifire, i downloaded the software and then it says please plug in your device, i do that but it does not ever connect When i look under Windows settings i see under "Other devices" my Atomic Amplifie so i know Windows...
  9. CMOS issue

in Windows 10 Support
    CMOS issue: Hello Team, I have a desktop with win 10 home. It has stopped suddenly and was not booting. Issue :- After power ON only black screen appear. After analysis I found that there is issue in CMOS setting, so I tried entering into the CMOS setting by pressing F2, but my system...
  10. BIOS Issue or what?

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Issue or what?: I'm uncertain where to post this message so apologies if it would be more appropriate elsewhere. My seven-year old Medion MD96630 notebook is running a clean install of Windows 10 which I had to have a Microsoft Engineer activate for me. Since then, on boot up, the...