Windows 10: BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

Discus and support BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my Windows 11 desktop PC there's a Bing AI icon a part of the search box within the task bar. I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Moondoggy_451, Aug 12, 2023.

1. BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

On my Windows 11 desktop PC there's a Bing AI icon a part of the search box within the task bar. I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and although I read somewhere that the same Bing AI icon should be part of the search box as well, I'm not seeing the icon and was wondering if I got my information wrong or whether something is missing or not configured properly. Can anyone tell me how to get it to show up if it's supposed to be there? Thanks.

:)

Moondoggy_451, Aug 12, 2023
  2. R Cord Win User

Bing AI on taskbar

Hi,

R. Cord here, Independent Expert. Hope you are doing well.

Yes, that's correct. In Windows 10 version 22H2, Microsoft introduced a new feature called the "Bing AI on Taskbar". This feature adds a small icon with the Bing logo to the right side of the taskbar, near the system tray. Clicking on the icon opens up a chat window where you can ask questions and get answers powered by Microsoft's Bing search engine.

Additionally, when you perform a search using the Windows 10 search bar, the results may include a message at the top of the results page indicating the current version of Windows 10 you are using, such as "Version 22H2" or "Build xxx xx xxxx". This is just a way for you to quickly confirm the version of Windows 10 you have installed on your computer.

If you don't want to use the Bing AI on Taskbar feature:

Check steps to remove it!

Right-click on an empty space on your taskbar.

Hover your mouse over the "Search" option in the context menu that appears.

In the sub-menu that appears, select "Hidden" to hide the search bar from your taskbar.

Alternatively, you can also disable the Bing AI on Taskbar feature by following these steps:

>Click on the Bing AI icon on your taskbar.

I>n the chat window that appears, click on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner.

>Select "Settings" from the menu that appears.

>Toggle off the "Show Bing AI on taskbar" option.

By following either of these methods, you should be able to deactivate the Bing search bar on your Windows 10 version 22H2 taskbar.

I hope it helps,

Regards,

R. Cord

R Cord, Aug 12, 2023
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Aug 12, 2023
  4. Arul_D Win User

BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Aug 12, 2023
Thema:

BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

1. BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question - Similar Threads - BING icon search

2. BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question: On my Windows 11 desktop PC there's a Bing AI icon a part of the search box within the task bar. I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and although I read somewhere that the same Bing AI icon should be part of the search box as well, I'm not seeing the icon and was...
  3. BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question: On my Windows 11 desktop PC there's a Bing AI icon a part of the search box within the task bar. I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and although I read somewhere that the same Bing AI icon should be part of the search box as well, I'm not seeing the icon and was...
  4. Remove Bing Icon in Search Box in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Bing Icon in Search Box in Windows 11: I want Remove Bing Icon in Window Search Box and I want to appear graphical image in search box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-bing-icon-in-search-box-in-windows-11/e80c4608-de52-4644-b4ab-ee34b8708b60
  5. Remove Bing Icon in Search Box in Windows 11

Remove Bing Icon in Search Box in Windows 11: I want Remove Bing Icon in Window Search Box and I want to appear graphical image in search box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-bing-icon-in-search-box-in-windows-11/e80c4608-de52-4644-b4ab-ee34b8708b60
  6. REMOVE BING AI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE BING AI: since bing ai has been released my system is unbearably sluggish and trying to browse the web is impossible, i cant even move the F*****G edge browser around anymore without it becoming a slide show oh and dont get me started on the near 1 Minute wait for a new tab to open.i...
  7. REMOVE BING AI

REMOVE BING AI: since bing ai has been released my system is unbearably sluggish and trying to browse the web is impossible, i cant even move the F*****G edge browser around anymore without it becoming a slide show oh and dont get me started on the near 1 Minute wait for a new tab to open.i...
  8. Bing AI on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing AI on taskbar: Usually there is a Bing AI Chat logo on the Windows 10 search Taskbar and Windows 10 search highlights version 22h2 in build 19045.2673? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-ai-on-taskbar/b3c08fc3-754e-4e3c-bfab-2a09a825082f
  9. Bing AI on taskbar

Bing AI on taskbar: Usually there is a Bing AI Chat logo on the Windows 10 search Taskbar and Windows 10 search highlights version 22h2 in build 19045.2673? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-ai-on-taskbar/b3c08fc3-754e-4e3c-bfab-2a09a825082f
  10. Bing AI on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization