Windows 10: Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps.

Discus and support Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i,According to the given question, my HP Envy laptop has a battery drain every time it goes down to between 30 and 40 percent, even when the PC sleeps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jay Burch2, Oct 9, 2024.

1. Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps.

i,According to the given question, my HP Envy laptop has a battery drain every time it goes down to between 30 and 40 percent, even when the PC sleeps. I tried to adjust the battery settings and turned off the computer's Bluetooth and location with no success. I also allowed my PC to only hibernate after I close the PC lid or press the power button. Here are the full settings:Can anyone please tell me what else I should do in order to get my battery back to normal? Any assistance would be appreciated.Thank you,Jay Burch2

:)

Jay Burch2, Oct 9, 2024
  2. Keager Win User

Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Oct 9, 2024
  3. Battery drains during Sleep/Shutdown

Hi Rahul,

If you are experiencing battery drains during Sleep or Shutdown, we need to check your battery settings and perform a battery saving. There are two related categories that we need to visit. These are the Power & sleep. Follow the steps below:

• Open the Action Center and click System.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Choose your desired time for Screen and Sleep.
    • Under Related settings, click Additional power settings.
    • We will be prompted to Power Options' control panel.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • We need to customize our power plan, choose between Balanced (recommended) or
      Power Saver.

Let's proceed with battery saving, battery saver feature is the same kind of tools that can be found in mobile phones and tablets. It is off by default and won't turn on if your device is charging. These are the steps:

• Go to the Action Center and choose System.
    • Click Battery saver.
    • Select Battery saver settings. (Note: Battery saver is set to turn on at 20%, but you can set that higher or lower.)
    • Adjust the Battery saver to your desired percentage.

Using these two processes will definitely improve your battery's life.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 9, 2024
  4. Try3 Win User

Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps.

the battery is getting drained

Have you run the Battery report yet? Denis

Try3, Oct 9, 2024
Thema:

Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps.

1. Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps. - Similar Threads - Battery drains under

2. Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps Redux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps Redux: Hello again,I solved the previous conflict concerning my computer draining the battery while it slept. Now, I have yet another dilemma. Every single time my laptop sleeps, its battery drains to zero percent more rapidly than it is supposed to. Here are the settings that I...
  3. Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps Redux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps Redux: Hello again,I solved the previous conflict concerning my computer draining the battery while it slept. Now, I have yet another dilemma. Every single time my laptop sleeps, its battery drains to zero percent more rapidly than it is supposed to. Here are the settings that I...
  4. Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps.

Battery drains under 50% even when the computer sleeps.: i,According to the given question, my HP Envy laptop has a battery drain every time it goes down to between 30 and 40 percent, even when the PC sleeps. I tried to adjust the battery settings and turned off the computer's Bluetooth and location with no success. I also allowed...
  5. Battery drains when under 50% when the computer sleeps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains when under 50% when the computer sleeps.: Hi,According to the given question, my HP Envy laptop has a battery drain every time it goes down to between 30 and 40 percent, even when the PC sleeps. I tried to adjust the battery settings and turned off the computer's Bluetooth and location with no success. Can anyone...
  6. Battery drains when under 50% when the computer sleeps.

Battery drains when under 50% when the computer sleeps.: Hi,According to the given question, my HP Envy laptop has a battery drain every time it goes down to between 30 and 40 percent, even when the PC sleeps. I tried to adjust the battery settings and turned off the computer's Bluetooth and location with no success. Can anyone...
  7. Battery Draining on sleep mode

Battery Draining on sleep mode: I am having issues with battery life while my computer is on sleep mode. I notice that my battery is draining really fast even on sleep mode and the majority battery usage is from "Windows Default Lock Screen". On battery usage by app "Windows Default Lock Screen" is...
  8. Weird battery drain on sleep

Weird battery drain on sleep: My laptop seems to drain about 40-50% battery overnight on sleep some days.The sleep study reports of my laptop are attached below. The first image is of when the battery got drained and the second image is of the day when it didn't.I'm not able to figure out what is actually...
  9. Weird battery drain on sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird battery drain on sleep: My laptop seems to drain about 40-50% battery overnight on sleep some days.The sleep study reports of my laptop are attached below. The first image is of when the battery got drained and the second image is of the day when it didn't.I'm not able to figure out what is actually...
  10. Battery drain during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drain during sleep: I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Laptop, with the Core i5 and 8gb RAM. When I close the lid, putting it into sleep mode, the battery still drains quite a lot. For example, if I leave it in sleep over night, the battery can easily go down by 30% or more. During use, the...