Windows 10: AUX cable not working on PC [Fix]

Discus and support AUX cable not working on PC [Fix] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Some Windows users reported that the Aux cable is not working on their computers. For some users, there is no sound coming out of their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 20, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

AUX cable not working on PC [Fix]

AUX cable not working on PC [Fix] [​IMG]
    Some Windows users reported that the Aux cable is not working on their computers. For some users, there is no sound coming out of their headphones, whereas, for others, only the side of the headphones is working when connected with the aux cable. In this post, we will talk about this issue in detail and see […]

This article AUX cable not working on PC [Fix] first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 20, 2023
  2. museredi Win User

pc not accepting aux cable

hello, I am having trouble with my pc (I have a Toshiba corei7, windows 10). it is not recognizing my external speakers. when I plug an earphone it works and I can listen well but when I plug an aux cable to play music through my external speakers there
    is no sound. I know it detected it because it there is no sound coming from the laptop speakers(which also work fine when the aux is not connected). and I don't think the aux has a problem either because it works fine on another pc. can anyone please tell
    me how to fix this

museredi, Sep 20, 2023
  3. problem with laptop's audio while connected to aux cable

Hi Tom,

In order for us to identify what triggers your laptop's issue when an aux cable is connected, we would like to gather more information:

• Have you tried connecting the aux cable and the headset to a different computer?
    • Have you also tried connecting a different aux cable and headset to your laptop?
    • Does the brief sound from the laptop only play upon inserting the aux cable and headset?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 20, 2023
  4. JohnnyGui Win User

Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Hello,

I have a JBL Live 500BT headset and the microphone works flawlessly when the headset is connected over bluetooth.

However, when connecting the headset through AUX with the 3.5mm jack, and confirming it's a headset when asked by Realtek, only the headphones work and Windows claims there is no sound input device.

It's not even working if i connect the headset to the PC's a microphone jack and set the device as a microphone device.

The AUX cable does have a secondary microphone but that one only works when the headset is connected to a phone.

Is it normal that a bluetooth headset's built-in microphone does not work when the AUX cable is used?

JohnnyGui, Sep 20, 2023
Thema:

1. AUX cable not working on PC [Fix] - Similar Threads - AUX cable working

2. Ethernet cable not appearing on PC, the cable works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable not appearing on PC, the cable works.: Changed my modem today and for some reason after i changed it my PC won’t detect the ethernet cable. Tried everything and i’m hopeless right now. Already ran pretty much all CMD commands related to IP address, already did many different configs and settings on the control...
  3. Ethernet cable not appearing on PC, the cable works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable not appearing on PC, the cable works.: Changed my modem today and for some reason after i changed it my PC won’t detect the ethernet cable. Tried everything and i’m hopeless right now. Already ran pretty much all CMD commands related to IP address, already did many different configs and settings on the control...
  4. How to Change The aux Cable From mic to stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change The aux Cable From mic to stereo: I Recently Bought some wireless Headphones with aux so that i can make it wired , When i plug the aux cable in the computer realises it as a microphone...
  5. How to Change The aux Cable From mic to stereo

How to Change The aux Cable From mic to stereo: I Recently Bought some wireless Headphones with aux so that i can make it wired , When i plug the aux cable in the computer realises it as a microphone...
  6. How to Change The aux Cable From mic to stereo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Aux Ports not working- Win11 Trouble-shooter cannot fix.

Aux Ports not working- Win11 Trouble-shooter cannot fix.: Was playing a game when all of a sudden my audio goes all stuttery and then cuts out. My mic doesn't work and neither does my headphones now any of my speakers. I have updated all drivers and equally rolled back those I could- no success. I have also used windows trouble...
  8. headset not working after disconnecting aux cables to clean PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    headset not working after disconnecting aux cables to clean PC: So today I decided to clean my pc, I disconnected all the cable. Cleaned and put all back on, in the same exact places. Now I I can't hear anything from my headset even the mic isn't working. this happened twice before and in all same exact conditions. What can I do?...
  9. Receive pop-up message when connecting aux cable

Receive pop-up message when connecting aux cable: Hello, I'm trying to get a pop-up message on my laptop when I plug in the aux cable to set the device as a microphone (when I plug it in it automatically sets it as headphones...). I've tried to install the Realtek HD Audio Manager several times but can't open it . Thanks...
  10. aux not working or something

aux not working or something: before I went to eat it worked fine but when I got back i was wondering why my sound us not coming out of my headphones that use an aux if I unplug it works fine with the speakers if I set it do other headphones that I use only for the mic because lose connection and it has...