Windows 10: automatically restarting...over and over and over...

Discus and support automatically restarting...over and over and over... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I came back to my computer after it had been downloading a game from Steam. It goes from the screen in the image and then does it over and over. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrianTrusinsky, Apr 10, 2022.

1. automatically restarting...over and over and over...

I came back to my computer after it had been downloading a game from Steam. It goes from the screen in the image and then does it over and over. I can stop the cycle, but when I turn it on, it resumes the procedure. I only see the Acer and blue screen. Anyone have any idea how to stop the cycle and get into the computer?? The computer is an Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 10 I believe.Thanks for any help that can be provided!

:)

BrianTrusinsky, Apr 10, 2022

2. Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 10, 2022
  4. automatically restarting...over and over and over...

Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

automatically restarting...over and over and over...

1. automatically restarting...over and over and over... - Similar Threads - automatically restarting

2. The computer displays a blue screen and automatically restarts during use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer displays a blue screen and automatically restarts during use: The computer displays a blue screen and automatically restarts during usehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1o-s8SVc39AifCGbj71_AhkPKLeZY4Z-q/view?usp=drive_link...
  3. The computer displays a blue screen and automatically restarts during use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer displays a blue screen and automatically restarts during use: The computer displays a blue screen and automatically restarts during usehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1o-s8SVc39AifCGbj71_AhkPKLeZY4Z-q/view?usp=drive_link...
  4. PC restart automatically after shutdown/sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restart automatically after shutdown/sleep: Hi,Its been a few weeks now that i'm having the same issue,Everytime i try to shutdown my pc, it does, but instantly restarts after, like if i was pressing the start button.I checked the button and its not a problem.I figured it was a software problem so i tryed reinstalling...
  5. PC restart automatically after shutdown/sleep

PC restart automatically after shutdown/sleep: Hi,Its been a few weeks now that i'm having the same issue,Everytime i try to shutdown my pc, it does, but instantly restarts after, like if i was pressing the start button.I checked the button and its not a problem.I figured it was a software problem so i tryed reinstalling...
  6. Constantly getting BSODs and automatic restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constantly getting BSODs and automatic restarts: My computer has began crashing multiple times a day. I haven't installed any new software nor any new hardware upgrades or anything. These crashes used to be infrequent and I ran full virus checks but it found nothing so I just dealt with the annoyance. But now the BSODs are...
  7. Constantly getting BSODs and automatic restarts

Constantly getting BSODs and automatic restarts: My computer has began crashing multiple times a day. I haven't installed any new software nor any new hardware upgrades or anything. These crashes used to be infrequent and I ran full virus checks but it found nothing so I just dealt with the annoyance. But now the BSODs are...
  8. I am getting the Blue Screen that automatically restarts my laptop; this has occurred often...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting the Blue Screen that automatically restarts my laptop; this has occurred often...: I am getting the Blue Screen that automatically restarts my laptop; this has occurred often at least once sometimes 2x a week. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-the-blue-screen-that-automatically/074854ca-3ab0-479d-801b-f2d1dd26af71
  9. I am getting the Blue Screen that automatically restarts my laptop; this has occurred often...

I am getting the Blue Screen that automatically restarts my laptop; this has occurred often...: I am getting the Blue Screen that automatically restarts my laptop; this has occurred often at least once sometimes 2x a week. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-the-blue-screen-that-automatically/074854ca-3ab0-479d-801b-f2d1dd26af71
  10. Disable automatic restarts on Windows 11

Disable automatic restarts on Windows 11: Hi,Since I upgraded to Windows 11, my laptop restarts unexpectedly, even if I have work in progress, to install pending updates. I cannot leave it in Hibernation mode at night while plugged in because it will automatically close all my work, sometimes losing documents, to...