Windows 10: Auto start programs on virtual desktops?

Discus and support Auto start programs on virtual desktops? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a lot of different workflows and it is pretty tedious to setup the most common ones which always need to be ready, every time I reboot. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/warmowed, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Auto start programs on virtual desktops?

I have a lot of different workflows and it is pretty tedious to setup the most common ones which always need to be ready, every time I reboot. Is there a way to have programs that auto start on boot to launch on those virtual desktops automatically? It is pretty annoying to move all the applications to where they need to be.

submitted by /u/warmowed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/warmowed, Feb 3, 2021
  2. SimonLidd Win User

Programs open in wrong Virtual Desktop

I have a written a program which enhances Windows 10 desktops and works around this issue for you by detecting the switch to a new desktop to open the existing document and then open of a new document - it then moves it back where it belongs.

Virtual Desktop Grid Switcher

Full set of features are:

• Windows 10 Desktop Switcher using a grid layout
    • Switch desktops using arrow keys with configurable modifier keys
    • Move active window to another desktop using keyboard
    • Make windows Always on Top or Sticky using keyboard
    • Activate last active window when switch from empty desktop (Windows 10 bug)
    • Chrome/Firefox activation to make web links open on same desktop if window exists
    • Word/Excel new window detected and moved back to current desktop if auto-switched
    Enjoy!

Simon

SimonLidd, Feb 3, 2021
  3. sirBait Win User
    Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Auto start programs on virtual desktops?

Move Applications Between Virtual Desktops

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Try the following steps to move applications between virtual desktops.

• Right-click on the program you want to move.

• Select “Move to”, and then select the desktop number to which you want to move the program.
    You can also, drag and drop the app of your choice to the desktop you want to add.

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Auto start programs on virtual desktops?

1. Auto start programs on virtual desktops? - Similar Threads - Auto start programs

2. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Program Auto Start: I have a computer that needs to automatically start a certain program on startup so that it can only be used for that purpose. I had it working fine for a long time but after upgrading windows 10 there’s a problem. Now it still starts up but only in the background. I can see...
  3. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Program Auto Start: I have a computer that needs to automatically start a certain program on startup so that it can only be used for that purpose. I had it working fine for a long time but after upgrading windows 10 there’s a problem. Now it still starts up but only in the background. I can see...
  4. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop: Usually, I have 3 virtual desktops active. The applications I use are as follows. Workspace 1 - IDE, Obsidian Workspace 2 - Firefox Workspace 3 - Discord, SpotifyEvery time I turn up my laptop, I start them manually and put them into the correct workspaces. I want them to...
  6. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop: Usually, I have 3 virtual desktops active. The applications I use are as follows. Workspace 1 - IDE, Obsidian Workspace 2 - Firefox Workspace 3 - Discord, SpotifyEvery time I turn up my laptop, I start them manually and put them into the correct workspaces. I want them to...
  7. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

8. Strange program Auto start issue

Strange program Auto start issue: Two Unknown programs are auto started[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-program-auto-start-issue/895b1210-46e7-431b-a381-73561dc76bba
  9. No startup folder - how to auto start a program

No startup folder - how to auto start a program: Since there is no START folder, how do you set up an exe file to run whenever windows 10 starts? Thanks Doug 28491
  10. Virtual Desktops and programs set to start on Win startup

Virtual Desktops and programs set to start on Win startup: Hi, I'm not sure IF this is the appropriate section to post this thread, I'm going to do it anyway, though. On Windows 10 build 10162 I have tried for the first time ever the Virtual Desktop feature. It is awesome! I wish to have at least one program, the monitoring...