Windows 10: auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

Discus and support auto cropping thumbnail and preview image in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BangCook, Nov 5, 2021.

1. BangCook Win User

auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the content.<example1>unidentifiable to see the actual image on the thumbnail and preview pane.the actual image i have to open it to see what it isPlease let me the if there are any good ways to prevent this.Thank you.

:)

BangCook, Nov 5, 2021

2. Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when cropping/editing images

I used to be able to crop images with Microsoft Photos, after which I get to see a preview of the cropped image before I can decide if I want to save it or redo the cropping. If I chose the latter, the crop marks would remain in the same position on the
    image, allowing me to adjust it. Now cropping an image only lets you save a copy instead. If the crop is unsatisfactory I have to save another copy of the image, which means setting the crop marks on the image all over again. Why is it not possible to preview
    the cropped image before saving anymore?

Nikolaevna1899, Nov 5, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Nov 5, 2021
  4. Clavius Win User

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

1. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image - Similar Threads - auto cropping thumbnail

2. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  3. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  4. how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?: when i upload images to onedirve folder, it keeps cropping thumbnail images automatically.<<original image>><<thumbnail image>>The problme with this is that I can see the original image on my computer by opening the file, but there is no way to see it on IOS onedrive...
  5. how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?: when i upload images to onedirve folder, it keeps cropping thumbnail images automatically.<<original image>><<thumbnail image>>The problme with this is that I can see the original image on my computer by opening the file, but there is no way to see it on IOS onedrive...
  6. how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

7. Photo app auto cropping image

Photo app auto cropping image: I am trying to figure out why the Photos app keeps shrinking and cropping cuts both sides off an image whenever I open it. I can't find any settings to see why it would. If I view the image in a slideshow, it will show the full image. I have also transferred the files to...
  8. Broken Images Preview/Thumbnail Not Working for some

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken Images Preview/Thumbnail Not Working for some: In this question, these people had issues with the thumbnails not working and I had similar issues Topic and I found a simple solution that worked for all of my images except for my gif which I just needed to make one small edit to fix change the color of 1 pixel in 1 frame...
  9. Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.: All of a my preview for my images are gone... I went to Google and looked up some possible solutions. In explorer under view/options under View "Always show icons never thumbnails" is unchecked. I also tried to choose "Restore Defaults" from there as well with no luck....
  10. Auto-cache thumbnails of all images on pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-cache thumbnails of all images on pc: It seems that everytime I enter folders with a large amount of images it needs to reload the thumbnails which can take a while. If I let them all load then come back the thumbnails will be loaded. But if I go back in a few days the same loading will happen. Nevertheless if I...