Windows 10: auto connect makes wifi unuseable

Discus and support auto connect makes wifi unuseable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DennisVonFlødebolle, Apr 22, 2022.

1. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new devices recently and they have the same problem. What happens is that when I want to connect to any given wifi, I ask it to connect automatically which it will do immediately without actually getting through. It'll just say "no internet connection, connected" and will essentially be unuseable. And when I try to disconnect to c

:)

DennisVonFlødebolle, Apr 22, 2022
  2. darkf0xx Win User

Wifi Auto Connect

I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I click the wifi drop down list then it will reconnect, I was wondering if anyone knows an application that tries to reconnect to a specific wifi more aggressively than windows 10 it gets annoying because if I need to use the pc I cant just look across the room to see if my modem is back, I have to go and check the wifi then it connects.

darkf0xx, Apr 22, 2022
  3. Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi

I did try the other options including the command line. Only the wifi network that I was actively connected to showed up in the command line. The other ones, the ones that don't let me uncheck "auto" in the taskbar, they did not show up in the command line. How can I get the networks in the picture to show up in the command prompt? What steps would I use to disable the auto-connect from there?

sevensixtwo, Apr 22, 2022
  4. rcten Win User

auto connect makes wifi unuseable

WiFi Does Not Auto Connect Upon Startup, Recently

Wi Fi does not auto connect any longer since yesterday, it needs me to turn Off and then On the Auto Connect button which is always in the On position.
    Attached find the present of present and long stablished Network connections which I suspect has something to do with it.
    Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable [​IMG]

rcten, Apr 22, 2022
Thema:

auto connect makes wifi unuseable

1. auto connect makes wifi unuseable - Similar Threads - auto connect makes

2. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  3. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  4. Why No Auto-connect to Wifi now?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why No Auto-connect to Wifi now?: Hi. last two times i've booted up, my PC hasn't connected to the wifi. my connection is in the list, it's ticked as "connect automatically" but for some reason it isn't. connects no prob when i click to make it and i haven't knowingly changed anything. any ideas? TIA 182989
  5. Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi

Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi: I have Windows 10 Home on an Acer Aspire e5 laptop. When I click the wifi button in my task bar, it displays all the available wifi networks. When I highlight each network, it has a box to check for "connect automatically." No matter how many times I uncheck these boxes, the...
  6. my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi

my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi: hello, i have laptop hp elitebook 840 g2, with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card embedded (driver ver . 18.33.12.2) my OS is Windows 10 Pro ver. 1803 build 17134.228 since last month, when i activated my wifi, it suddenly on-off and always try to connect to open...
  7. my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi

my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi: hello, i have laptop hp elitebook 840 g2, with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card embedded (driver ver . 18.33.12.2) my OS is Windows 10 Pro ver. 1803 build 17134.228 since last month, when i activated my wifi, it suddenly on-off and always try to connect to open...
  8. Wifi not connecting auto anymore.

Wifi not connecting auto anymore.: The wifi was connecting automatically without problem before. Now every time i shut down the laptop and turn it on later it will not connect automatically. This is not the case if it is a reset done only. I tried "forgetting" the network and creating it again, but it did...
  9. Wifi doesn't auto connect

Wifi doesn't auto connect: Hi all, Been the case for a number of months now - wifi doesn't auto connect after turning laptop on. Always have to manually connect. Any fix for this? Many thanks. 101853
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...