Windows 10: Authenticator app crashes at opening, can't access my password vault anymore

Discus and support Authenticator app crashes at opening, can't access my password vault anymore in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Authenticator app has crash issue recently, happens every time I try to open it. Despite updating to the latest version, the problem persists. I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yi_0507, Jul 4, 2024 at 1:17 PM.

1. yi_0507 Win User

Authenticator app crashes at opening, can't access my password vault anymore

My Authenticator app has crash issue recently, happens every time I try to open it. Despite updating to the latest version, the problem persists. I am able to log into accounts on another phone to be able to access my email, but I need to retrieve the passwords stored in the app. Although I have used iCloud backup, it states that no data could be found.I've tried offload, to just delete app without wiping data, reinstalled Authenticator App, still having the crash.Could you please advise if there is any way to resolve the crashing issue? My phone model is an iPhone 13 Pro Max, OS is the latest

:)

2. tfwul Win User

Personal Vault on Android smartphone and Microsoft Authenticator

I am using Office 365 and Outlook on my Android smartphone. Also the OneDrive app is installed.

Admittedly, I never launched the Android OneDrive app before: there was no need.

Yesterday I did and tried to open my OneDrive Personal Vault from my smartphone.
    After submitting the usual verification code (that was sent to my Gmail account), I assumed... to enter the Personal Vault that I had created and using on my PC.

Instead, I got a message "Create a Personal Vault" and PIN message.

Authenticator app crashes at opening, can't access my password vault anymore [​IMG]

I decided to let it rest and ask here for views.

Just now I tried to access Personal Vault from my Windows PC.
    Usual procedure with verification code.

Then a pop-up..
    "
    Break free from your passwords
    Get the smartphone app to sign in without a password. It's more convenient and more secure.
    "

Authenticator app crashes at opening, can't access my password vault anymore [​IMG]

Most probably this is related to the 'Microsoft Authenticator app for Android'.

So I installed that.

However, even after approving all kinds of matters, I still end up with the pop-up "Create a Personal Vault".
    Within OneDrive on my smartphone, below "Personal Vault" it says "Tap to set up".

One way or the other OneDrive on smartphone has no access to the existing Personal Vault.
    Does anyone have any clue?

Thanks!

3. Can't access my personal vault

Thank you.

Please install Microsoft Authenticator in your smartphone.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/account/authent...

Then setup your account. For this, go to your account, security, more security options and select set up identity verification app. Complete that step.

From now, you will use this app to confirm the access to your account. When you try to open the vault, the app will show you a code and ask you to approve the access.

4. V4N0 Win User

Authenticator app on iOS 14 crashes at startup

Hi,

Seems like after the last update the Authenticator app doesn’t work anymore, it crashes as soon as I open it.

I still receive notifications for approving an access but for the rest the app is totally broken. Never had a problem before, seems to me that the latest update broke compatibility with my old version of iOS.

Is it a known problem or it’s just me?

Here are some details:

• iPhone SE
    • iOS 14.8.1
    • App version 6.6.9

Thema:

1. Authenticator app crashes at opening, can't access my password vault anymore - Similar Threads - Authenticator app crashes

2. Authenticator app crashes at opening, can't access my password vault anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app crashes at opening, can't access my password vault anymore: My Authenticator app has crash issue recently, happens every time I try to open it. Despite updating to the latest version, the problem persists. I am able to log into accounts on another phone to be able to access my email, but I need to retrieve the passwords stored in the...
  3. Authenticator app crashes at opening, can't access my password vault anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator app crashes at opening, can't access my password vault anymore: My Authenticator app has crash issue recently, happens every time I try to open it. Despite updating to the latest version, the problem persists. I am able to log into accounts on another phone to be able to access my email, but I need to retrieve the passwords stored in the...
  4. How to manage MS Authenticator app on iphone for password access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to manage MS Authenticator app on iphone for password access.: Hi community,How can I change the MS authenticator settings to either stop it from prompting or showing an old password when go to log into my banking app on iphone?ContextWhen I go to log into a banking app on my iphone I keep getting a authenticator prompt for the password....
  5. How to manage MS Authenticator app on iphone for password access.

How to manage MS Authenticator app on iphone for password access.: Hi community,How can I change the MS authenticator settings to either stop it from prompting or showing an old password when go to log into my banking app on iphone?ContextWhen I go to log into a banking app on my iphone I keep getting a authenticator prompt for the password....
  6. My Mcaffe Vault is not opening

My Mcaffe Vault is not opening: After some time i was trying to open my Mcaffe vault which is in disk and drivers and I have stored some my personal informations, I was unable to access the file I have store in the vault. Please help me to fix the issue...
  7. Personal vault not asking for code to authenticate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal vault not asking for code to authenticate: I have recently set up personal vault on Onedrive to store sensitive files. I understood that this would require 2FA. However, when I access personal vault through one drive on my PC, I am only required to enter the Windows Hello PIN. There is no OTP required. This means it...
  8. can't access one drive personal vault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access one drive personal vault: I cannot access my one drive personal vault, I was able to do so and then suddenly unable I have the following message; I don't know what I've done, any suggestions;Richard....
  9. Can't access my Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my Personal Vault: I can't access my Personal Vault. After I put my password in and go through the Verification procedure I get a message saying that "We couldn't unlock your Personal Vault. We encountered an unexpected error and could not unlock your Personal Vault. Please try again. You can...
  10. Can't access my personal vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my personal vault: I'm logged into my Microsoft OneDrive account. However, when I try to access my personal vault to get a code sent to me - I'm stopped in my tracks with the following message "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message,...