Windows 10: Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer

Discus and support Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have several Windows 11 22H2 computers that are joined to an Azure AD domain cloud-only, not hybrid. One of the computers, which I'll call... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dave Huang, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer

Hi, I have several Windows 11 22H2 computers that are joined to an Azure AD domain cloud-only, not hybrid. One of the computers, which I'll call Server, has a shared folder. Another computer, Client1, can access that shared folder \\Server\Shared with no problems. But a third computer, Client2, can't. It prompts "Enter your credentials to connect to: Server". I enter Email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and my password, and it comes back with "The username or password is incorrect".I noticed in Server's Security event log:An account failed to log on.Subject: Security&nb

:)

Dave Huang, Aug 16, 2023

2. RDP to Azure AD joined computer

I am trying to connect to a remote computer that is Azure AD joined. Both the client and host computer are running Windows 10 version 1809. Currently I am connecting without NLA to be able to authentication myself, but I would like to connect with NLA.

According to this article: Connect to remote Azure Active Directory joined device - Windows Client Management | Microsoft Learn this should be possible, providing you use the username format "AzureAD\JeroenDeWit" to connect. However, this results in the following error:

Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer [​IMG]

Other guides like https://cloudbuilder.io/documentation/Windows10Pro-RDP-AzureADJoined/ also suggest authenticating without NLA.

Am I doing something wrong or is Microsoft doing something wrong? Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer :)

Axel Timmmermans, Aug 16, 2023
  3. Mr Davo Win User
    Image W10 workstations for Azure AD join?

Hi All,

I want to image Windows 10; but more importantly I need to join Azure AD 'Out of the Box'!

I don't have a 'master' Azure AD account. I am not even sure that such a thing exits, e.g.: the Administrator account on a standard Active Directory Domain.

Where should I be looking for configuration, where it comes to Azure AD automatic joining?

My thoughts are PowerShell DST! But that is just a rumour.

Any suggestions would be amazing.

Regards,

Davo

Mr Davo, Aug 16, 2023
  4. Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer

Join Azure Ad or Local domain

We have recently migrated to Office 365 with a hybrid AD setup. I am setting up a new laptop for a user, first one since the migration, and in the original setup it had me join the Azure AD. However, I usually set these laptops up to join the local domain so the users can access the file shares. The shares are accessed via Mapped Drives from Group Policy, and being joined to the Azure AD did not map these drives. When I go to join the laptop to the local domain, I get an error saying "The device is joined to an Azure AD. To join an Active Directory domain, you must .... disconnect your device from your work or school."
    So there's no way to be joined to the Azure, even though its syncing with my local AD? I want the best of both worlds. What's the best way of doing that? I feel if I unjoin from the Azure AD I'm kind of going backwards, but they need access to those local file stores. Any brilliant workarounds out there?
    Thanks!

mlynch1958, Aug 16, 2023
Thema:

Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer

1. Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer - Similar Threads - Authentication problem connecting

2. Can't use powershell to connect to Azure AD with a Google authentication account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use powershell to connect to Azure AD with a Google authentication account: Hi there, I'm trying to connect my powershell to Azure AD. After inputting connect-azuread and inputting my account in the pop-up browser, there will be an error message from Google at last. I tried to use the credential from a successful command connect-azaccount but it's...
  3. Can't use powershell to connect to Azure AD with a Google authentication account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use powershell to connect to Azure AD with a Google authentication account: Hi there, I'm trying to connect my powershell to Azure AD. After inputting connect-azuread and inputting my account in the pop-up browser, there will be an error message from Google at last. I tried to use the credential from a successful command connect-azaccount but it's...
  4. Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer: Hi, I have several Windows 11 22H2 computers that are joined to an Azure AD domain cloud-only, not hybrid. One of the computers, which I'll call Server, has a shared folder. Another computer, Client1, can access that shared folder \\Server\Shared with no problems. But a third...
  5. problem join computers to azure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem join computers to azure: hi I have a problem joining computers to azure, I was able to join other devices before but now I keep getting this error see attachment i need help urgent pls [ATTACH]...
  6. Azure AD Joined Workstation unable to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Azure AD Joined Workstation unable to login: All of our workstations are Azure AD joined when they are first set up. This usually means that any users can log into any device. These accounts are set up w/ Windows 10 Hello, which users are are required to set up a pin. A couple of these workstations seemed to have...
  7. RDP to Azure AD joined computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to Azure AD joined computer: I am trying to connect to a remote computer that is Azure AD joined. Both the client and host computer are running Windows 10 version 1809. Currently I am connecting without NLA to be able to authentication myself, but I would like to connect with NLA. According to this...
  8. Image W10 workstations for Azure AD join?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image W10 workstations for Azure AD join?: Hi All, I want to image Windows 10; but more importantly I need to join Azure AD 'Out of the Box'! I don't have a 'master' Azure AD account. I am not even sure that such a thing exits, e.g.: the Administrator account on a standard Active Directory Domain. Where should I be...
  9. Dis-Join Azure AD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dis-Join Azure AD: Hello - Setting up a new install of Windows 10, when I attempt to join our domain active directory I get the message Joined to Azure AD, choose disconnect your device first. Researched how and the option to disconnect is not there. One person who also reported this same issue...
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD: How to: Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD [img] Information First, a bit longer quote to explain Azure AD: Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) provides an easy way for businesses to manage identity and access, both in the cloud and on-premises. Your users can use the...