Windows 10: Audio stutter problem

Discus and support Audio stutter problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 1909. Out of nowhere, my audio got really choppy, stuttering. I was playing games with my friends when this happened. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/octoOcto1, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Audio stutter problem

I'm running Windows 10 1909.
    Out of nowhere, my audio got really choppy, stuttering. I was playing games with my friends when this happened. My headphones are working fine on my phone, and I already reinstalled the realtek driver.
    What should I do?

submitted by /u/octoOcto1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/octoOcto1, Mar 15, 2020
  2. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Audio Stutter

Hello Dave,

Since after performing the recommended troubleshooting steps, we highly recommend contacting your device manufacturer for further assistance regarding your audio stutter concern.

Regards.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Audio stutter problem

Realtek Audio Stuttering Issues

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspirion Desktop. Occasionally I will get multiple issues with audio stuttering / glitching on things like mp3 files, youtube videos, mp4 videos, etc. anything to do with multimedia.

The audio stuttering occurs only when connected to RealTek Audio devices (such as headphones / speakers) but when I have my Scarlet 2i2 Focusrite Interface plugged in I have no issues at all.

I've especially noticed a frequency of stuttering issues after the latest Windows 10 update on Realtek.

I have tried updating drivers & uninstalling / reinstalling them to no success.

I also have tried connecting external speakers that only use Realtek Audio and they also stutter and freeze during audio playback.

At first I thought it was my computer itself but looking at various other problems it looks like the finger has to be pointed at Realtek audio.

Trouble shooter only fixes the problem temporarily

I have looked up this problem countless times and haven't found a reasonable solution yet. Everybody just says update drivers but I have already done that over and over again without success.

If anyone can provide any suggestions it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Cameron1391, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Audio stutter problem

1. Audio stutter problem - Similar Threads - Audio stutter problem

2. Audio Stuttering and glitching problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Stuttering and glitching problems: I've having this issue since I made a BIOS update on my new Asus Vivobook pro 15. The system seems to be having issues processing audio and then I ran latencymon to check if i was wrong. I got the following result. Idk if this is from the BIOS update or it was prevalent...
  3. Audio Stuttering and glitching problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Stuttering and glitching problems: I've having this issue since I made a BIOS update on my new Asus Vivobook pro 15. The system seems to be having issues processing audio and then I ran latencymon to check if i was wrong. I got the following result. Idk if this is from the BIOS update or it was prevalent...
  4. Bluetooth audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio stuttering: My audio keeps stuttering when I connect my bluetooth headphones. This happens when I am connected to my wifi. When my wifi is switched off the audio is fine. I tried reinstalling the drivers, changing the frequency of wifi adapter but the problem persists. I recently even...
  5. Audio stuttering and pops, driver latency problems

Audio stuttering and pops, driver latency problems: Please, I am exhausted trying to fix these audio problems. Can't find a solution after many days trying to fix these latency problems. I get audio stuttering and pops when reproducing audio or videos, in spotify, watching youtube, anywhere.LatenciMon's report says...
  6. Bluetooth audio stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio stutter: When my laptop is connected to my phone hostspot the audio played through my Bluetooth speakers becomes choppy/stuttering after a few seconds. But if I disconnect my hotspot it plays smoothly. Anyone have this problem and know the fix? Please help, its very annoying....
  7. Audio stuttering

Audio stuttering: Hello, I have this problem for like 6+ months. Started back in 2019. When I watch youtube/twitch streams I have weird audio stutter for like 1s, the video doesnt lag out, but the audio cuts off/stutter and has weird like robotic sound TRRRRR. I started having this problem on...
  8. Audio stuttering

Audio stuttering: Audio stuttering Hello, so I have this problem since last year. This problem started on my old computer on windows 7, then I upgraded there to windows 10 but problem didnt fix. So I have this problem for quite long, and cant find solution. So when I watch youtube video's or...
  9. Stuttering Audio.

Stuttering Audio.: Hi, I have stuttering audio, and have tested it to rule out audio hardware and software. The situation is as follows; -Stuttering occurs at random intervals -Stuttering occurs in VLC, Youtube, Ableton Live, Reaper, Renoise, etc. -Stuttering is visible on the VU meters of...
  10. Audio stuttering

Audio stuttering: I could solve my audio stuttering setting the Minimal processor state at 100% in power options. [img] Since I don't think this is a proper solution I would like to hear some ideas about how can I solve this without keeping my processor at 100% all the time. Edit:...