Windows 10: Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.

Discus and support Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just recently I noticed my output devices no longer show up in the quick select section of the taskbar. I have to click in to the settings to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by McGregorCiA, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.

Just recently I noticed my output devices no longer show up in the quick select section of the taskbar. I have to click in to the settings to access them. This is very inconvenient as I tend to switch quite regularly. Is there a way to return it to what it was like before, all three of my audio outputs listed?Please see pictures

:)

McGregorCiA, Dec 1, 2023

2. Quick change audio output device is missing from taskbar

Hi all,

My audio output device switcher is missing from my taskbar, normally when you click on the Speaker icon on the right-hand side taskbar should showing as below but now is missing this "Select output device" option.

I did try to fix this problem by:

- update the all audio driver

- reset the explorer.exe

- update my windows 10

Still NOT working :-(

Is anyone able to help?

Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar. 8f98230c-c292-46ff-a5e3-2ab983ef7cbd?upload=true.jpg

The same problem reported below and I also copy the about picture from this link:

Redirecting

ThomasTong1, Dec 1, 2023
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Alx181 Win User

Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.

how to select the output audio speakers

To change the speaker output on Windows Media Player, you can try the following steps:

1. Open Windows Media Player.
    2. Click on “Tools” and then “Options”.
    3. Click on the “Devices” tab.
    4. Click on “Speakers” and then “Properties”.
    5. Select the audio device you want to use and click on “OK”.
    6. You may also have to restart WMP for changes to take effect.
    If the above steps don’t work, you can try changing the default sound device in Windows 11. Here’s how you can do it:

1. Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I.
    2. Click on “System” and then “Sound”.
    3. Under the “Output” section, click on the “Choose where to play sound” setting.
    4. Select the speakers, headphones, or headsets you want to use.

Alx181, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.

1. Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar. - Similar Threads - Audio outputs are

2. Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.: Just recently I noticed my output devices no longer show up in the quick select section of the taskbar. I have to click in to the settings to access them. This is very inconvenient as I tend to switch quite regularly. Is there a way to return it to what it was like before,...
  3. how to select the output audio speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to select the output audio speakers: windows Media Player suddenly plays through the laptop speakers rather then the Bose speakers. Last night twas fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-select-the-output-audio-speakers/0fe1ce0f-6271-44e7-b84f-6982ab11c8f4
  4. how to select the output audio speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to select the output audio speakers: windows Media Player suddenly plays through the laptop speakers rather then the Bose speakers. Last night twas fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-select-the-output-audio-speakers/0fe1ce0f-6271-44e7-b84f-6982ab11c8f4
  5. Windows 11 Audio Output Selection from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Audio Output Selection from Taskbar: In Windows 10 you could easily switch the output device of your audio by clicking the speaker on the far right of the taskbar and then choosing your desired audio output device. I can't seem to find the same option in Windows 11, and instead it seems like I have to go all the...
  6. Windows 11 Audio Output Selection from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Audio Output Selection from Taskbar: In Windows 10 you could easily switch the output device of your audio by clicking the speaker on the far right of the taskbar and then choosing your desired audio output device. I can't seem to find the same option in Windows 11, and instead it seems like I have to go all the...
  7. Audio input and output is Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio input and output is Missing: Hello there I was playing game on my pc then suddenly the sound stops and the speaker shows redx you understand what I mean on right side corner in windows taskbarThen I try to troubleshoot with troubleshooting and updated driver nothing is solved Then I seen that there is an...
  8. Quick change audio output device is missing from taskbar

Quick change audio output device is missing from taskbar: Hi all, My audio output device switcher is missing from my taskbar, normally when you click on the Speaker icon on the right-hand side taskbar should showing as below but now is missing this "Select output device" option. I did try to fix this problem by: - update the...
  9. Realtek Audio missing from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio missing from taskbar?: I'm running the latest drivers for the GA-Z170X-UD5, Realtek Audio Driver version is 6.0.8703.1. I have access to a piece of garbage called the Realtek Audio Console, which looks like it's an app now for some ungodly reason, and the version on the taskbar is missing. I don't...
  10. Option to quickly change audio output device is missing

Option to quickly change audio output device is missing: Hey, I have 2 headphones, one wireless one isn't, I switch between them often. in the past I used to switch quickly using windows 10 feature that looks something like this: [ATTACH] However after a windows reinstall (INSTALLED ALL UPDATES I'm on build 1809), pressing on...