Windows 10: Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

Discus and support Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OikawaTaro, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't show up. I had even tried to install audio drivers, but that didn't work either.I went into device manager to find out the "Sound, video and game controllers" category isn't there at all.I have tried to connect external speakers, to find out it isn't even detected, I even kept it plugged in and restarted the computer, didn't

:)

OikawaTaro, Mar 17, 2022
  2. lvgandhi Win User

DELL Venue 8 Pro-No headphone audio output device.

I have done clean install of Windows 10 in my DV8P. Everything works fine. When I check audio output devices, it shows only Speaker. Even after inserting headphone jack, I am not finding headphone as audio output device. Hence hearing audio without disturbing others is not possible.
    Any solutions, please.

lvgandhi, Mar 17, 2022
  3. newuser0 Win User
    Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack

Hi, I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop running latest Windows Version 10 64-bit.

Is there a way in setting to select the headphones as the output device automatically when the headphones are connected to the Audio jack?

When the headphones are connected to the audio jack, a notification pops out in bottom right corner prompting:
    "Which device did you plug in?", with the Headphone highlighted. I have to then click "OK" to select it.

Is there a setting to make this automatic?

In Sound settings, under "Output device", I only see "Readltek(R) Audio" listed, even the headphones are connected.

Thanks.

newuser0, Mar 17, 2022
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack

Hi there
    problem might be if you are using an external monitor connected via HDMI with HDMI audio.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 17, 2022
Thema:

Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

1. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed. - Similar Threads - Audio Headphone jack

2. Audio jack issue: headphones not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio jack issue: headphones not working: Hello, I'm having a strange issue with my Windows 10 laptop where I am plugging my headphones into the audio jack, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. However, it gets weird. If I restart my laptop with the headphones in the audio jack, it works when the laptop goes on just...
  3. Audio jack issue: headphones not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio jack issue: headphones not working: Hello, I'm having a strange issue with my Windows 10 laptop where I am plugging my headphones into the audio jack, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. However, it gets weird. If I restart my laptop with the headphones in the audio jack, it works when the laptop goes on just...
  4. Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.: I have a Fairly new PC, the DellI inspiron 3891. It has 2 places to put my headphones in, a green port in the backDose not support mic, and there is not the red mic port, and a non-colored port in the front, which should be the port for audio and mic.My problem is the front...
  5. Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.: I have a Fairly new PC, the DellI inspiron 3891. It has 2 places to put my headphones in, a green port in the backDose not support mic, and there is not the red mic port, and a non-colored port in the front, which should be the port for audio and mic.My problem is the front...
  6. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  7. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  8. Audio/Headphone jack not working/

Audio/Headphone jack not working/: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  9. Automatically change audio device output when plug in headphone jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically change audio device output when plug in headphone jack: I use a laptop connected to a external monitor with built-in speakers and I usually set the monitor as the audio output but whenever I'm on a call or want to use my headphones plugging them on the headphone jack port I have to mannually change the audio output back to my...
  10. AUdio stopped working - no audio output device is installed

AUdio stopped working - no audio output device is installed: How do I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-stopped-working-no-audio-output-device-is/75f55d42-67d6-44f5-9f5e-df2841327b80