Windows 10: Audio distortion when recording vocals.

Discus and support Audio distortion when recording vocals. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I record my vocals with a USB mic that I've plugged in the laptop, every time I hit a rather high note the vocals become distorted before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lenoooo, Sep 10, 2024.

1. Lenoooo Win User

Audio distortion when recording vocals.

When I record my vocals with a USB mic that I've plugged in the laptop, every time I hit a rather high note the vocals become distorted before completely disappearing until that note is done. I did change recording programs, from the one built-in the system to OBS, it's still the same results. I know the mic isn't the problem considering the fact that I can record up to any notes just fine with my phone.Also, If I'm playing something in the background within the duration of the entire recording, that entire recording also becomes distorted. Even a notification sound causes the same effect. So,

:)

Lenoooo, Sep 10, 2024
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 10, 2024
  3. Audio recording

For clarification, we would like to know if you are trying to record a voice recording directly to Windows Media. If yes, it is not possible to record vocal tracks directly into Windows Media Player, you can import the files into your library after they
    have been recorded with a different audio software program. Windows Media Player enables you to record sounds from a microphone or other audio devices. Media Player also copies or burns pre-recorded music, photo and data files. See steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player on a PC with a drive that's capable of burning CDs.
    • Click on the Burn tab at the top of the window.
    • Click on Burn options.
    • Select a format for the CD you want to burn:
      • Click on Audio CD to burn the disc as an audio CD that can be played in any CD player.
      • Click on Data CD to burn the disk in a data format that stores music files in MP3 format.
    • Insert a blank CD into the drive.
    • Select the audio you want to put on the CD. To do so, click on an item and drag it from the Player Library in the left pane of the window to the burn list in the right pane
    • windows media player. The burning process will take several minutes. Once finished, your CD will eject automatically.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Michael Gall, Sep 10, 2024
  4. Arun B J Win User

Audio Recorder is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with recording. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your recording.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

I suggest you to install all the latest audio and Display drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 10, 2024
Thema:

1. Audio distortion when recording vocals. - Similar Threads - Audio distortion recording

2. Audio distortion when recording vocals.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion when recording vocals.: When I record my vocals with a USB mic that I've plugged in the laptop, every time I hit a rather high note the vocals become distorted before completely disappearing until that note is done. I did change recording programs, from the one built-in the system to OBS, it's still...
  3. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: i used to have a bluetooth adapter ASUS 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter that made it to where my sony headphones didnt have distorted audio at higher volumes. but with this new bluetooth adapter TP Link 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter, there's distortion. ive tried following a couple of youtube...
  4. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    distorted audio: i used to have a bluetooth adapter ASUS 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter that made it to where my sony headphones didnt have distorted audio at higher volumes. but with this new bluetooth adapter TP Link 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter, there's distortion. ive tried following a couple of youtube...
  5. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: While recording with obs software when i load other page in chrome my audio distort or crackle i don't know exactly what it is called but here is a video sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYzW-QuW6Q please help if anyone have a solution....
  6. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted audio: While recording with obs software when i load other page in chrome my audio distort or crackle i don't know exactly what it is called but here is a video sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYzW-QuW6Q please help if anyone have a solution....
  7. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  8. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  9. Hear a lot of distortion and disruption from the system when recording audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hear a lot of distortion and disruption from the system when recording audio: I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but whenever I try to record my sound or make a video, the audio is always distorted. My voice can be heard but the system noises cause a disruption. Here's an example recording I made...
  10. Audio Recording is Distorted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Recording is Distorted: I am experiencing bad distortion when recording. At first I thought it was my external hardware, the Presonus Audiobox, but, when I tried recording through the microphone on my Logitech camera, I get the same horrible distortion. This only started recently, maybe the past...