Windows 10: At windows 10 log in screen, mouse moves but no clicks or keystrokes register to let me...

Discus and support At windows 10 log in screen, mouse moves but no clicks or keystrokes register to let me... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a windows 10 PC and the past year or so every once in a while it will boot to the windows log in screen but gets stuck there. I can move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tomalele, Sep 21, 2024 at 6:28 AM.

1. tomalele Win User

At windows 10 log in screen, mouse moves but no clicks or keystrokes register to let me...

Hi,I have a windows 10 PC and the past year or so every once in a while it will boot to the windows log in screen but gets stuck there. I can move the cursor but nothing else. No mouse clicks register, no keystrokes on my keyboard register, so I cant even open the sign in section to type in my password.Almost every time it boots it re-detects my monitors too, starting with a crazy aspect ratio then sorting it after 10seconds or so of being on the desktop. I know its re-detecting them, because it makes the noise when windows detects a new device, and it also re-enables the HDMI audio output in

:)

2. Display Realtime keystrokes and mouse clicks on the screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to displaying the real time keystroke or mouse actions on the screen.

During my research, I found that currently Windows 10 doesn’t offer the feature or option to display the real time keystrokes or mouse clicks on the screen. However, this can be achieved by using a third party application. You may want to use your
    favorite search engine to search for the application that allows you to display the actions of keyboard and mouse on the screen.

I appreciate you for bringing this to our notice and encourage you to provide a feedback using the

Feedback Hub app
    on Windows 10, so that our engineering team can look into this and try to improve your experience towards using Windows.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 21, 2024 at 6:30 AM
  3. mQ573 Win User
    Pointer (mouse or trackpad) never falters, clicks and keystrokes do

Hello there,

I installed a clean version of Win 10 Pro 1909 on a HP laptop EliteBook 8770W. At the same time, I replaced the HDD with a new Samsung EVO 860 SSD. Most drivers came with Win 10, the rest from several HP sites. The wireless mouse is a plain Logitech M325.

Every time I'm trying to do something, I'm randomly interrupted. Let's say I need to move some windows around: I set the pointer on the window, then click and drag it. But the click doesn't register and the focus stays set where it was. If I used the mouse, just clicking with the pad gets the mouse working again. And vice versa.

Now, I want to rename a file: click click to select, then type another name. Right? Not always. Sometimes keystrokes don't work and/or are interpreted as KBD shortcuts to lauch some app (Mostly Cortana).

I successfully tested the KBD with an HP tool, where you have to type successively on each key. Some keystrokes randomly did not work, sometimes once only, or several times in a row. I noticed that when a keystroke was not working, a symbol shows above the pointer to disappear with the next working stroke: 2 opposite arrowheads separated by a dot inside a circle, what you get when pressing a mouse middle button.

So the physical equipment is working (the mouse was tested on another machine). The issue seems to lay with the interrupts handling.

I tried reinstalling Windows to no avail.

Windows is up to date, Device Manager shows no ! and all drivers have been checked for new versions. All HID, mouse & KBD drivers are from Microsoft, except one from Logithech and one from HP.

Thank you.

4. Nordic Win User

At windows 10 log in screen, mouse moves but no clicks or keystrokes register to let me...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Thema:

1. At windows 10 log in screen, mouse moves but no clicks or keystrokes register to let me... - Similar Threads - log screen mouse

2. At windows 10 log in screen, mouse moves but no clicks or keystrokes register to let me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At windows 10 log in screen, mouse moves but no clicks or keystrokes register to let me...: Hi,I have a windows 10 PC and the past year or so every once in a while it will boot to the windows log in screen but gets stuck there. I can move the cursor but nothing else. No mouse clicks register, no keystrokes on my keyboard register, so I cant even open the sign in...
  3. Slow registering keystrokes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow registering keystrokes: Why does my computer not respond quickly to pressed keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-registering-keystrokes/350ce823-7620-4b9c-b497-f802064029e9
  4. Slow registering keystrokes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow registering keystrokes: Why does my computer not respond quickly to pressed keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-registering-keystrokes/350ce823-7620-4b9c-b497-f802064029e9
  5. Slow registering keystrokes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering

Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering: Hello Microsoft Support Team,I want to report an issue that has been reported many times in the past but has never been solved.The issue is that Windows 10 will, under unknown circumstances or causes, stop detecting mouse clicks left-click or right-click.I have validated that...
  7. Keystrokes Stop Registering

Keystrokes Stop Registering: Hi all,After ~15-20 minutes post-boot, my computer stops registering keystrokes. I can't type into notepad, firefox, start menu,or anything else. However, anything that's a command does work ex. WIN+D, ALT+TAB, ENTER, etc.. Caps lock + num lock turn on and off as well.The...
  8. Left mouse clicks not registering

Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  9. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.: Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing...
  10. Display Realtime keystrokes and mouse clicks on the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Realtime keystrokes and mouse clicks on the screen: Hi, I want to know that how to insert a box in windows 10 that will always show what I'm doing with my mouse and keyboard. Here in the picture when a person presses Ctrl+C, that is showing on the top left of screen. I want to enable this function in my windows. Please...