Windows 10: ASUS laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]

Discus and support ASUS laptop Touchpad not working [Fix] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]If your ASUS laptop touchpad is not working, you can use the suggestions provided in this article. These fixes will surely help you. The touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 8, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

ASUS laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]

ASUS laptop Touchpad not working [Fix] [​IMG]
    If your ASUS laptop touchpad is not working, you can use the suggestions provided in this article. These fixes will surely help you. The touchpad is one of the important parts of a laptop. A non-working or non-responding touchpad can create problems for some users, as they either have to connect a mouse or use […]

This article ASUS laptop Touchpad not working [Fix] first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jan 8, 2024
  2. J.L_5 Win User

Touchpad not working and sound problem on Asus Laptop

I'f installed Windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Since then my touchpad isn't working at all and my speaker is screwed. There was an update from asus for the touchpad but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions what I can do?

J.L_5, Jan 8, 2024
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Jan 8, 2024
  4. Brit_T Win User

ASUS touchpad not working

Hello all, I have run into quite a few issues with my touchpad. I love my laptop but the touchpad is the only downfall. After many issues and troubleshooting, I have found solutions that I'd like to share it with you all.

Fix 1. Download the ATK package found of the ASUS USA you just look for your model > drivers and tools > download ATK and then restart. (If you already have the ATK package uninstall and reinstall then restart).
    Then go and try Fix 3.

Fix 2. Uninstall the ATK package completely and restart. (This is a temporary fix because your keyboard backlight won't work and the touchpad might disable again as mine did so go do Fix 1.

Fix 3. Go to device manager > human interface devices > click on ASUS precision touchpad > action > update driver > search automatically > close. Can't see ASUS precision touchpad under human interface devices? click action > scan for hardware changes and
    then the touchpad should appear and follow steps as listed.

Fix 4. I downloaded the touchpad also found on the ASUS website mentioned above but that never did anything for me but if you try that do it after Fix 2.

Hope this helps! I did Fix 3 today after doing 1 a few weeks ago and the mouse popped up with no restarting. Hope my touchpad stays working for a while now.

Brit_T, Jan 8, 2024
Thema:

1. ASUS laptop Touchpad not working [Fix] - Similar Threads - ASUS laptop Touchpad

2. Lenovo laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]: [IMG]This article lists some fixes you can use if your Lenovo laptop touchpad is not working. Usually, this issue occurs due to corrupted touchpad drivers or a disabled touchpad. We suggest you restart your laptop and see if it helps. Sometimes, problems occur due to a minor...
  3. Dell laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Dell laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]: [IMG]This article shows how to troubleshoot and fix the issue if your Dell laptop touchpad is not working. Some of the possible causes of this problem are a corrupt touchpad driver, the touchpad being disabled, a hardware fault, etc. Fix Dell laptop Touchpad not working If...
  4. Asus Rog Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Rog Touchpad not working: Hi, I have a brand new Asus ROG LAPTOP with Windows 10 Pro. The touchpad is completely missing from the Device Manager I attached a wired mouse and am currently using that. That device is listed as the only device under 'mice and other pointing devices'. What can I do to...
  5. ASUS touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS touchpad not working: Hello all, I have run into quite a few issues with my touchpad. I love my laptop but the touchpad is the only downfall. After many issues and troubleshooting, I have found solutions that I'd like to share it with you all. Fix 1. Download the ATK package found of the...
  6. ASUS touchpad not working

ASUS touchpad not working: My ASUS touchpad is not working and I've literally tried everything, also my laptop is completely up to date. I tried to install the touchpad drivers from the ASUS official site but it also didn't work. The "12C HID Device" driver is also showing an error in the device...
  7. touchpad Asus laptop

touchpad Asus laptop: The fn-9 does not toggle touchpad on-off. ALSO Settings/Touchpad does NOT have a switch to turn the touchpad off I have installed the latest ATK package from ASUS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-asus-laptop/0b72da2a-ef4b-49de-ab5b-197eaa525486
  8. Touchpad on Asus laptop dies

Touchpad on Asus laptop dies: I've got an Asus ZenBook 15 which has now had the touchpad go dead just after an Office update. The proposed solutions from Microsoft don't work, and the ASUS solution is to reset the computer, which also hasn't solved the problem. Has anybody else dealt with MS or ASUS on...
  9. ASUS R501JN Touchpad not working

ASUS R501JN Touchpad not working: Hello, I have a touchpad issue on my laptop that I never had. It doesn't work anymore, maybe from a Windows update. I think since 26th October my laptop has this problem. My system information: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Other OS...
  10. ASUS laptop in Desktop mode but keyboard and touchpad not working

ASUS laptop in Desktop mode but keyboard and touchpad not working: I have a 5 year old ASUS SonicMaster laptop that originally did not come with Windows 10. It has Windows 10 now. Upon boot up it displays on-screen keyboard for login to Windows. After logging in, there is no way to type in, either keyboard or on-screen when in Windows, and...