Windows 10: ASUS Laptop password reset

Discus and support ASUS Laptop password reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My ASUS laptop just did a windows update. It’s now requiring me to reset my password. Never required before. I don’t recall my password and there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brooke Willey, Oct 8, 2023.

1. ASUS Laptop password reset

My ASUS laptop just did a windows update. It’s now requiring me to reset my password. Never required before. I don’t recall my password and there are no options to assist me with recall

:)

Brooke Willey, Oct 8, 2023

2. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Oct 8, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 8, 2023
  4. TyroneRob Win User

ASUS Laptop password reset

Asus Laptop W10 factory reset, Don't have password

I recently bought a used asus model e402s on craigslist and it came with the old guys details on it. Ive tried to contact him but he wont respond. I just need to factory reset it. So my problems are:

• I dont have the password
    • I cant do a factory reset from logging in because i dont have the password
    • The laptop doesnt have a cd drive
    • im not a computer tech! lol

TL;DR I need to reset the laptop to factory setting without a password. W10.

Thanks for any help!

TyroneRob, Oct 8, 2023
Thema:

ASUS Laptop password reset

1. ASUS Laptop password reset - Similar Threads - ASUS Laptop password

2. ASUS Laptop password reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop password reset: My ASUS laptop just did a windows update. It’s now requiring me to reset my password. Never required before. I don’t recall my password and there are no options to assist me with recall...
  3. Can't Factory Reset Asus Laptop - No Password - Additonal Space Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Factory Reset Asus Laptop - No Password - Additonal Space Needed: No idea what topic to put this underMy father got locked out of his laptop /Notebook PC and simply wants to just wipe the whole thing and start over so he can use it again. There's nothing he wants to save on it anyway, but I'm having trouble.Laptop Specs From sticker on...
  4. Can't Factory Reset Asus Laptop - No Password - Additonal Space Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Factory Reset Asus Laptop - No Password - Additonal Space Needed: No idea what topic to put this underMy father got locked out of his laptop /Notebook PC and simply wants to just wipe the whole thing and start over so he can use it again. There's nothing he wants to save on it anyway, but I'm having trouble.Laptop Specs From sticker on...
  5. Can't Factory Reset Asus Laptop - No Password - Additonal Space Needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Password reset on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password reset on a laptop: Hello,One of our friend passed away and his laptop is not accessible for his wife. They had account information and emails there and most importantly their photos of their memories. Is there any way I could unlock at least the administrator password so she can save those...
  7. Laptop password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop password reset: I forgot my laptop password because it's long since I accessed it, how can I reset the password without my data getting lost?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-password-reset/b50c39ed-b1a7-4731-9a08-7b872d360899
  8. Resetting asus laptop

Resetting asus laptop: Can't reset laptop pressing f9 and nothing is happening. Any ideas anyone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-asus-laptop/1f181d3c-49c4-4a69-838f-bd0db2345f04
  9. Password reset for laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password reset for laptop: After a recent windows update i get an error saying "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device". The sad part is i don't remember my password also, to use it as a sign-in option. Can anyone help me out I'm locked out of my own PC....
  10. ASUS Laptop Factory Reset - Son forgot password

ASUS Laptop Factory Reset - Son forgot password: So my son is locked out of his old Windows 10 laptop. It is an ASUS e403s running Windows 10. I don't know which version of windows 10 it is licensed for currently, so I don't want to simply just reinstall windows using USB. I would rather do a factory reset. Online videos...