Windows 10: ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing

Discus and support ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Now I think I got it! It is the ATKpack that enabled the light under the keys that causes this issue (I tried the Windows 8 edition as I was told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Burgurne, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing

Now I think I got it! It is the ATKpack that enabled the light under the keys that causes this issue (I tried the Windows 8 edition as I was told earlier in this thread). I went on and clean-installed windows 10 again, and I was back to no light under the keys, and then I tested the Sleep. It worked fine. I then tried to install the ATKpack from ASUS, and the light worked again, but Sleep was yet again playing tricks on me. Uninstalled ATKpack, but then neither backlight NOR Sleep worked :-(

So now I am started to install Windows 10 for the fourth time, this time I will be missing backlight, but keeping Sleep and Hibernation. Beside backlight, I will have to try to live without ASUS' InstantOn.

So with all that in mind, what do I write to Microsoft on the Feedback-app, so they can take care of this? Surely, they don't plan on letting backlight control the "Sleep-function in Windows 10 ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing :)

Or maybe ASUS will make a never driverpackage once Windows 10 is RTM? I hope so allthough my laptop is not quite new, but it is a core i7, so I hope it will survive a little longer ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing :)

Burgurne, Jun 15, 2015

2. You summed it up very nicely. Just add the extra information (both KB and Sleep fail if you uninstall the ATKPackage) to what you already have and they'll collect the data they need.

It's frustrating now, but there will be some solution offered by ASUS to MS. These types of drivers (programmable keyboards, backlit keyboards) are on the list to fix, but not high on the list *Wink

MS has to get network, display, chipset .... drivers working with Win10 before looking at the peripheral drivers.

You might want to write the same thing on the ASUS support page - address the issue from two sides (MS and ASUS). Who knows, ASUS might point you to another driver that works. I found one driver and offered it to you, there might be others I couldn't locate.

In any case, I think you and I have exhausted the options available in this type (forum) of trouble shooting. You did great, I appreciate the extra steps you took to better understand the issue. I really appreciate that you posted your results on your thread - that might help other members with a similar issue.

Please write a new post if / when you find a resolution - thanks.

Bill

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing

1. ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing - Similar Threads - ASUS Laptop G55VW

2. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  3. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  4. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT: Hello, I desperately need help as I am a student and I really need my laptop for online class. My laptop won't boot yesterday and was just stuck on the automatic repair screen. After waiting on "repairing disk files," it told me that it is unable to repair my laptop and...
  6. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT: Hello, I desperately need help as I am a student and I really need my laptop for online class. My laptop won't boot yesterday and was just stuck on the automatic repair screen. After waiting on "repairing disk files," it told me that it is unable to repair my laptop and...
  7. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop: This computer has games that I never use, so I was going to uninstall something relevant in apps & features. I got some warning I think that something else needed to be done, so I cancelled. After my next reboot, I noticed videos were playing with no audio. There is no audio....
  9. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop: This computer has games that I never use, so I was going to uninstall something relevant in apps & features. I got some warning I think that something else needed to be done, so I cancelled. After my next reboot, I noticed videos were playing with no audio. There is no audio....
  10. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade