Windows 10: ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

Discus and support ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Howdy, essentially I was on my computer, whether it was over heating, had a virus or a battery issue or something, it would randomly restart now and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CaymanG, Nov 3, 2021.

1. CaymanG Win User

ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

Howdy, essentially I was on my computer, whether it was over heating, had a virus or a battery issue or something, it would randomly restart now and again. Well it restarted and got on a Bitlocker screen, something about boot something changing meant it needed my key. Well that would be all well and good, but I didnt activate Bitlocker, i hate iTunes stuff on iPhone locking people out, I dont want it on my laptop either.I also dont use the dang account for anything other than signing in on my laptop to use windows, I may have even did everything without internet so I cant remember if It was li

:)

CaymanG, Nov 3, 2021

2. Asus laptop stuck on aptio setup screen

Asus laptop stuck on aptio setup utility screen. Ive done everything that’s been suggested with the Boot and Security but it still won’t work!!!

LeighCubbon, Nov 3, 2021
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Nov 3, 2021
  4. pj04 Win User

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup [​IMG]

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup [​IMG]

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

pj04, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

1. ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup - Similar Threads - ASUS Laptop asks

2. bitlocker never setup, creation of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker never setup, creation of windows: help bitlocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-never-setup-creation-of-windows/b6e0929c-13ab-424e-965e-71b434ec81ad
  3. bitlocker never setup, creation of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker never setup, creation of windows: help bitlocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-never-setup-creation-of-windows/b6e0929c-13ab-424e-965e-71b434ec81ad
  4. My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....: I got this message just after I rebooted my laptop. it's lenovo ThinkPad when I check for a key I see this. You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your Microsoft account.Note: If someone else helped you set up your PC, the BitLocker keys you're looking for...
  5. ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup: Howdy, essentially I was on my computer, whether it was over heating, had a virus or a battery issue or something, it would randomly restart now and again. Well it restarted and got on a Bitlocker screen, something about boot something changing meant it needed my key. Well...
  6. ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup: Howdy, essentially I was on my computer, whether it was over heating, had a virus or a battery issue or something, it would randomly restart now and again. Well it restarted and got on a Bitlocker screen, something about boot something changing meant it needed my key. Well...
  7. asking for BitLocker recovery which I never set up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    asking for BitLocker recovery which I never set up: I got a new Dell windows 10 laptop, and today when I started it, it said it was finishing updates. Then once finished, it is asked for the BitLocker recovery key and will not go any further. I never set one up. (My Microsoft account (hotmail login) is also now locked for...
  8. Bitlocker auto ran on asus laptop = I NEVER used it - there is no recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker auto ran on asus laptop = I NEVER used it - there is no recovery key: see subject line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-auto-ran-on-asus-laptop-i-never-used-it/02931806-ac18-4120-a45d-f42495cc3b45"
  9. Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password: suddenly bitlocker showing this error "bit locker encryption is not compatible woiht this version of windows and funny thing is that i never update the window, after that i have tried every thig but nothing works please tell me the M3 bitlocker recvoery softwware because...
  10. Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password: suddenly bitlocker showing this error "bit locker encryption is not compatible woiht this version of windows and funny thing is that i never update the window, after that i have tried every thig but nothing works please tell me the M3 bitlocker recvoery softwware because...