Windows 10: Assigned Access in Windows 11

Discus and support Assigned Access in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am trying to set up kiosk mode using Assigned Access using psexec tool. psexec.exe -i -s powershell.exe. However I keep getting the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sayantan Basu, Jul 2, 2024 at 4:12 AM.

1. Assigned Access in Windows 11

Hello,I am trying to set up kiosk mode using Assigned Access using psexec tool. psexec.exe -i -s powershell.exe. However I keep getting the following error:Set-CimInstance : A general error occurred that is not covered by a more specific error code. At C:\Users\Atonarp\Desktop\acm-sw-installation-script\automation-scripts\setup_kiosk_mode.ps1:43 char:9 + Set-CimInstance -CimInstance $obj + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: MDM_AssignedAcc..../Vendor/MSFT":CimInstance [Set-CimInstance], CimExce ption + FullyQualifiedErr

:)

Sayantan Basu, Jul 2, 2024 at 4:12 AM

2. Assigned Access of Powerpoint Presentation

I was hoping that by downloading the PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store, that I would be able to use it to setup assigned access on a Windows 10 computer and display a powerpoint presentation. Our issues is, we need this to be a Kiosk that no-one can
    close out the presentation. Powerpoint allows you to turn most functions off, but you can still access the ease of access toolbar, and can also close the presentation out. When I go to assigned access though, Powerpoint Mobile does not appear in the list of
    Apps. I have downloaded other Supposed PowerPoint Presenters, but none of them show up in the list either.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this! I do not understand how to setup the Power Shell code to set this up, too technical for me. But I really need this as Kiosk computer. Any suggestion?

Drew Patterson, Jul 2, 2024 at 4:17 AM
  3. Yetshua Win User
    No Web Browser in Windows 10 Assigned Access List

I'm the head of IT at a small utility company, and we make use of Assigned Access in order to make available several kiosks which are set up to use our web portal. This worked perfectly with Assigned Access in Windows 8.1, however, now that we've upgraded
    to Windows 10, there are no web browsers at all available in the Assigned Access list of available apps. No Internet Explorer, and no Microsoft Edge either.

The kiosks are now running Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit. I could easily still set up Assigned Access for another app if I so chose, but with no web browser in the list of available apps, our web portal based kiosks are now utterly worthless. Please tell me that
    there's a way to fix this. If not, I'll most likely be spending a lot of time this week reverting all those kiosks back to Windows 8.1

4. Assigned Access in Windows 11

Windows 10 Assigned Access Mode

Hello,

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

DISM:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 2, 2024 at 4:17 AM
Thema:

Assigned Access in Windows 11

1. Assigned Access in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Assigned Access

2. Assigned Access in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assigned Access in Windows 11: Hello,I am trying to set up kiosk mode using Assigned Access using psexec tool. psexec.exe -i -s powershell.exe. However I keep getting the following error:Set-CimInstance : A general error occurred that is not covered by a more specific error code. At...
  3. Configure languages in Windows OSK in assigned access mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure languages in Windows OSK in assigned access mode: Hello.I have a computer with Windows 10 Pro and a touch screen, which I would like it to run in kiosk mode for an interactive application. I have configured an assigned access account which opens Microsoft Edge at a webpage application at startup and I configured the registry...
  4. Configure languages in Windows OSK in assigned access mode

Configure languages in Windows OSK in assigned access mode: Hello.I have a computer with Windows 10 Pro and a touch screen, which I would like it to run in kiosk mode for an interactive application. I have configured an assigned access account which opens Microsoft Edge at a webpage application at startup and I configured the registry...
  5. Hi, suddenly I cannot access Assignments, Grades, Reflect, Insights on Ms Teams APP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, suddenly I cannot access Assignments, Grades, Reflect, Insights on Ms Teams APP: Hi, suddenly I cannot access Assignments, Grades, Reflect, Insights on Ms Teams APP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-suddenly-i-cannot-access-assignments-grades/134062ee-6733-4a47-a7d6-f4618ec542bf
  6. Hi, suddenly I cannot access Assignments, Grades, Reflect, Insights on Ms Teams APP

Hi, suddenly I cannot access Assignments, Grades, Reflect, Insights on Ms Teams APP: Hi, suddenly I cannot access Assignments, Grades, Reflect, Insights on Ms Teams APP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-suddenly-i-cannot-access-assignments-grades/134062ee-6733-4a47-a7d6-f4618ec542bf
  7. "Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I added 2nd User, with Admin permissions, on Windows 10 Pro laptop. I want the new User to be able to use all the same applications/desktop as the original User. I am trying to avoid loading all the applications or wiping the laptop when a new employee comes aboard.I...
  8. "Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro

"Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I added 2nd User, with Admin permissions, on Windows 10 Pro laptop. I want the new User to be able to use all the same applications/desktop as the original User. I am trying to avoid loading all the applications or wiping the laptop when a new employee comes aboard.I...
  9. I can't use MS Teams in Kiosk Mode using Assigned Access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use MS Teams in Kiosk Mode using Assigned Access?: I have everything set up correctly.But when I attempt to set up assigned access, MS Teams does not appear in the list of programs I can use for it.How can I fix this?...
  10. I can't use MS Teams in Kiosk Mode using Assigned Access?

I can't use MS Teams in Kiosk Mode using Assigned Access?: I have everything set up correctly.But when I attempt to set up assigned access, MS Teams does not appear in the list of programs I can use for it.How can I fix this?...