Windows 10: Are there any consequences if my laptop lost it's connection from the wifi while updating...

Discus and support Are there any consequences if my laptop lost it's connection from the wifi while updating... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was updating my Windows when this happened. The download and installation parts were already done and the system asked me to restart my laptop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gelo8081, Dec 1, 2022.

1. gelo8081 Win User

Are there any consequences if my laptop lost it's connection from the wifi while updating...

I was updating my Windows when this happened. The download and installation parts were already done and the system asked me to restart my laptop to complete the process, so I did. However while it was restarting, my brother switched the wifi off because he needs to transfer its plug from another power socket. I'm wondering if it would have a bad effect on my laptop that it lost it's connection while applying the updates?

:)

gelo8081, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Gino Des Win User

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Dec 1, 2022
  4. rob1618 Win User

Are there any consequences if my laptop lost it's connection from the wifi while updating...

Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Are there any consequences if my laptop lost it's connection from the wifi while updating... - Similar Threads - Are consequences laptop

2. While updating the drives, I have lost connection to my WiFi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While updating the drives, I have lost connection to my WiFi.: Hi all. I was updating the drives, I had a message that my WiFi will be off. Do I want to proceed or cancel- I proceeded.. After that I had to restart my PC. Then I have tried to connect with my WiFi and...nothing. It won't let me . I have turned the PC off and my broadband...
  3. While updating the drives, I have lost connection to my WiFi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While updating the drives, I have lost connection to my WiFi.: Hi all. I was updating the drives, I had a message that my WiFi will be off. Do I want to proceed or cancel- I proceeded.. After that I had to restart my PC. Then I have tried to connect with my WiFi and...nothing. It won't let me . I have turned the PC off and my broadband...
  4. While updating the drives, I have lost connection to my WiFi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Laptop Suddenly Lost its WiFi Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Suddenly Lost its WiFi Connection: I was using my laptop Asus Vivobook S15 for meeting and watching YouTube videos nothing heavy. It was fine and then suddenly it turned into blue screen. I waited until it restarted. Afterwards I couldn't connect to WiFi. I have followed the troubleshooting advices and...
  6. My Laptop Suddenly Lost its WiFi Connection

My Laptop Suddenly Lost its WiFi Connection: I was using my laptop Asus Vivobook S15 for meeting and watching YouTube videos nothing heavy. It was fine and then suddenly it turned into blue screen. I waited until it restarted. Afterwards I couldn't connect to WiFi. I have followed the troubleshooting advices and...
  7. Are there any adverse consequence of renaming my computer?

Are there any adverse consequence of renaming my computer?: If I change the name of my computer, will this cause any of my apps not to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-any-adverse-consequence-of-renaming-my/e1b2f4fc-bf7d-4001-ac65-781e903243cf
  8. Are there any consequences if my laptop lost it's connection from the wifi while updating...

Are there any consequences if my laptop lost it's connection from the wifi while updating...: I was updating my Windows when this happened. The download and installation parts were already done and the system asked me to restart my laptop to complete the process, so I did. However while it was restarting, my brother switched the wifi off because he needs to transfer...
  9. Update Consequences

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update Consequences: After an August Microsoft Update my Moultrie Wildlife Camera Pictures no longer display the same. When viewing the stored pictures from the SD Card the actual picture appears and then disappears showing a zoomed in version of the photo. If I edit that particular photo, it...
  10. My surface laptop keeps switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi while connected to my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My surface laptop keeps switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi while connected to my...: I have a Surface Laptop connected to a docking station (from Microsoft) that is hardwired to my network via Ethernet. Overnight it always seems to switch to WiFi and I have to reboot in order to get back to Ethernet hardwired connection....