Windows 10: Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar

Discus and support Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some Windows users complain, every time they boot up their PC, MSI Dragon Center, Xbox app, etc, pin themselves to the Taskbar. To get rid of it, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 20, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar

Some Windows users complain, every time they boot up their PC, MSI Dragon Center, Xbox app, etc, pin themselves to the Taskbar. To get rid of it, they must unpin these apps. However, they appear again on startup. If you have been facing a similar issue, follow these steps to stop Apps that keep pinning […]

This article Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

Pinning an app to taskbar does not remove it from Start all apps list. It list in Start under letter M as in Microsoft Edge, you should find it there even when it is pinned to taskbar.

3. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

I tried using Edge and as I liked it I right clicked the app listing and the pinned it to the taskbar.

What I want to know is how to put that Edge listing back with the other apps because if I unpin it from the taskbar how does one reattach Edge to the listings.

ICIT2LOL, Mar 20, 2021
  4. kreed66 Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar - Similar Threads - Apps keep pinning

2. Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?: Whenever I install a new app or make a Chrome page shortcut it automatically pins to the taskbar, how can o stop this?and why even Chrome shortcuts are treated as Apps and showing as Apps under uninstall section in Control panel. It is getting very difficult to manage...
  3. Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?: Whenever I install a new app or make a Chrome page shortcut it automatically pins to the taskbar, how can o stop this?and why even Chrome shortcuts are treated as Apps and showing as Apps under uninstall section in Control panel. It is getting very difficult to manage...
  4. My apps on startup disable themselves

My apps on startup disable themselves: I enable apps on start up then restart my computer and they have been disabled, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-on-startup-disable-themselves/652b7b23-c3ab-44c8-b790-e7558aac3b51
  5. My apps on startup disable themselves

in Windows 10 Customization
    My apps on startup disable themselves: I enable apps on start up then restart my computer and they have been disabled, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-on-startup-disable-themselves/652b7b23-c3ab-44c8-b790-e7558aac3b51
  6. My apps on startup disable themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. All Microsoft apps close themselves upon startup

All Microsoft apps close themselves upon startup: I have already asked this question and have received no success in fixing my issue. Every time I open up any Windows app it closes itself. When I look at task manager it has a leaf next to it saying its suspending this process. I have hard reset my computer and even tried to...
  8. Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the task bar, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the task bar, how do I stop this?: Whenever I boot up my laptop MSI dragon center and xbox (beta) would be pinned to the task bar. I had to unpin everytime I use my laptop. How do I put an end to this? Please help. Thanks submitted by /u/farigamo [link] [comments]...
  9. Startup programs removing themselves?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup programs removing themselves?: My start up programs keep removing themselves from the startup list and I have no idea why. Its happened probably a dozen times now and they seem to remove themselves for no reason, Windows wasn't just updated. Does Windows 10 do any sort of automated purging? What might the...
  10. How do I stop Office Apps automatically PIN themselves to my Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Office Apps automatically PIN themselves to my Taskbar?: Our IT Department just upgraded us to Windows 10 and now, every time I log on, the Windows Office Apps automatically PIN themselves to my task bar. Every time I unpin them, the next logon, there they are. I have looked at Options (in Excel) and cannot find anything about...