Windows 10: Apps and task manager won't open, windows 11.

Discus and support Apps and task manager won't open, windows 11. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, when I start or restart my pc, lately it has been starting up just fine, but just after startup and I sign in. All the apps don't open. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Claymore rl, Aug 7, 2024.

1. Apps and task manager won't open, windows 11.

Hello, when I start or restart my pc, lately it has been starting up just fine, but just after startup and I sign in. All the apps don't open. I also can not access settings or task manager, and that includes being able to restart or turn the pc off through the start menu.

:)

Claymore rl, Aug 7, 2024

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 7, 2024
  3. Windows won`t open an program when using Microsoft user

Windows won`t open an program when I try to open it with Microsoft account user, but when I login with local account, that program opens. I have tried with 2 Microsoft accounts, 1 admin and 1 normal user, and it won`t open in either one of them. What can cause this?

***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Tilit, profiilit ja kirjautuminen***

Juho Vainikka, Aug 7, 2024
  4. Apps and task manager won't open, windows 11.

how do you re-enable task manager on windows 11

Sure, here are the steps on how to re-enable Task Manager on Windows 11:

1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R.
    2. Type "gpedit.msc" and press Enter.
    3. Navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Ctrl+Alt+Del Options.
    4. In the right pane, double-click on "Remove Task Manager".
    5. In the "Remove Task Manager" dialog box, select "Disabled" and click OK.
    6. Close the Group Policy Editor.
    7. Open a command prompt as administrator.
    8. Type the following command and press Enter:

attrib +h "%windir%\system32\taskmgr.exe"
    9. Restart your computer.
    After following these steps, Task Manager will be re-enabled. You can now open it by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Esc.

falvernook09, Aug 7, 2024
Thema:

Apps and task manager won't open, windows 11.

1. Apps and task manager won't open, windows 11. - Similar Threads - Apps task manager

2. Apps and task manager won't open, windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps and task manager won't open, windows 11.: Hello, when I start or restart my pc, lately it has been starting up just fine, but just after startup and I sign in. All the apps don't open. I also can not access settings or task manager, and that includes being able to restart or turn the pc off through the start menu....
  3. How to open the task manager in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to open the task manager in Windows 11: Modern operating systems are like icebergs. Windows 11 is no different. The tools and utilities that most people use on a daily basis are the tip of the iceberg. These would be all your conventional apps like Settings, your web browser of choice, and any other apps that...
  4. Task Manager wont open Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager wont open Windows 11: I have Windows 11 Home, it was an insider build on the Dev Channel, says "Evaluation Copy. Build 22563.ni_release.220219-1637". I had access to the new Task Manager for Windows 11, and i tried to use the button to reduce task manager size to only basic processes, and it...
  5. Task Manager wont open Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager wont open Windows 11: I have Windows 11 Home, it was an insider build on the Dev Channel, says "Evaluation Copy. Build 22563.ni_release.220219-1637". I had access to the new Task Manager for Windows 11, and i tried to use the button to reduce task manager size to only basic processes, and it...
  6. No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...: It's all in the title. When I login, there are no desktop icons. If I click a few times the screen will flash and go back to how it was. Clicking on the Taskbar results in the same thing. I've tried opening task manager by ctrl Alt delete and by ctrl shift escape, but it...
  7. Windows 10 apps are double and opened in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 apps are double and opened in Task Manager: Hey guys I am really done with this company which contains staff monkeys , lots of times I see thousands of apps are doubled in task manager like they're opened twice , sometimes I see lots of apps are opened for no reason despite I disabled it from settings and they consumer...
  8. Personalized Settings Unresponsive (task manager won't open)

Personalized Settings Unresponsive (task manager won't open): Hello, I've seen a lot of posts saying that the black screen and personalized settings being unresponsive is normal after a windows update. But no matter what I do nothing is working. I can do CTRL + ALT + DEL, and I can see all my options there, but when I click on Task...
  9. Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems

Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems: When I open task manager it opens and closes immediately. Similarly when I open Microsoft solitaire I can click on a challenge the ad opens and then before it is done it closes and the solitaire game does not come up. I'm having problems with edge not working with Facebook...
  10. Task Manager and File Explorer won't open

Task Manager and File Explorer won't open: The OS is WIndows 10. Getting some issues trying to open the File Explorer. Other applications will open normally, but File Explorer won't open. I attempted to open Task Manager, first via ctrl+alt+del, then via Run. Neither method would allow the Task Manager to actually...