Windows 10: Apps and file explorer located in HDD freezes randomly and continues running

Discus and support Apps and file explorer located in HDD freezes randomly and continues running in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an HDD with 1 tb of space but I can't use it because everything that is located inside it freezes randomly. The time of freezing is random,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vigilante1998, Oct 27, 2024 at 9:07 PM.

1. Apps and file explorer located in HDD freezes randomly and continues running

I have an HDD with 1 tb of space but I can't use it because everything that is located inside it freezes randomly. The time of freezing is random, sometimes it's a few seconds, sometimes it's 15-25 seconds. Everything on C: runs perfectly.I have never asked a question here so tell me what to send. Also, ignore my microsoft account lol.

:)

Vigilante1998, Oct 27, 2024 at 9:07 PM

2. Win 10 Windows Explorer started freezing randomly

Hi,

Provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing with your File Explorer:

• Is your Windows 10 up-to-date?
    • Are your drivers updated? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
      link
      on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.
    • What are the changes made or the things you've done before your File Explorer freezes randomly?

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 27, 2024 at 9:10 PM
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 27, 2024 at 9:10 PM
  4. Apps and file explorer located in HDD freezes randomly and continues running

Win 10 Windows Explorer started freezing randomly

• Windows 10 is up-to-date, you can check the sysinfo files I uploaded if you don't believe me.
    • Drivers are up-to-date.
    • This was mentioned in the original message. I installed Apple iTunes, and then uninstalled it.

BlackJacques, Oct 27, 2024 at 9:10 PM
Thema:

Apps and file explorer located in HDD freezes randomly and continues running

1. Apps and file explorer located in HDD freezes randomly and continues running - Similar Threads - Apps file explorer

2. Apps and file explorer located in HDD freezes randomly and continues running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and file explorer located in HDD freezes randomly and continues running: I have an HDD with 1 tb of space but I can't use it because everything that is located inside it freezes randomly. The time of freezing is random, sometimes it's a few seconds, sometimes it's 15-25 seconds. Everything on C: runs perfectly.I have never asked a question here so...
  3. Apps and file explorer located in HDD freezes randomly and continues running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps and file explorer located in HDD freezes randomly and continues running: I have an HDD with 1 tb of space but I can't use it because everything that is located inside it freezes randomly. The time of freezing is random, sometimes it's a few seconds, sometimes it's 15-25 seconds. Everything on C: runs perfectly.I have never asked a question here so...
  4. Windows explorer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer randomly freezes: From time to time, windows explorer will stop working, leaving me with the active window barely working, unable to use shortcuts like atl+tab, or altf4.After a while in vegetative state, the computer will reboot.A strong guess is that discord desktop is the culprit but it...
  5. Windows explorer randomly freezes

Windows explorer randomly freezes: From time to time, windows explorer will stop working, leaving me with the active window barely working, unable to use shortcuts like atl+tab, or altf4.After a while in vegetative state, the computer will reboot.A strong guess is that discord desktop is the culprit but it...
  6. File Explorer freezing randomly in Wnidows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer freezing randomly in Wnidows 11: Hi,I have a user that is experiencing strange issue with file explorer... Quite often during the day, her file explorer freezes.. or doesn't work properly when browsing through the folders, the path does not change. Closing / re-opening file explorer helps...Now, the user has...
  7. File Explorer freezing randomly in Wnidows 11

File Explorer freezing randomly in Wnidows 11: Hi,I have a user that is experiencing strange issue with file explorer... Quite often during the day, her file explorer freezes.. or doesn't work properly when browsing through the folders, the path does not change. Closing / re-opening file explorer helps...Now, the user has...
  8. App roaming data location in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    App roaming data location in File Explorer.: Hi, once I came across the roaming data of Opera, and found some useless stuff. I want to clear all roaming data, could you tell me where is the path located in File Explorer?...
  9. photo app - continuous freezes

photo app - continuous freezes: I have used the Photo app for years, and all of a sudden when I try to import photo's, the programs freezes and/or crashes. I've tried to use the "repair" tool and restart; but that doesn't help. I don't want to uninstall and re-install as I feel I will lose all the...
  10. Win10 freezing at random - no BSOD - frozen mouse - continued HDD activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 freezing at random - no BSOD - frozen mouse - continued HDD activity: I am struggling with a new issue in the past several months. No hardware changes to my machine. Win10 64bit freezes at random times. Sometimes in the middle of me working in a program (random), and other times, like this morning, when I logged in and left the room having...