Windows 10: Apply local firewall rules

Discus and support Apply local firewall rules in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SSlater.T1, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Apply local firewall rules

Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an image.RegardsShaun

:)

SSlater.T1, Apr 6, 2023

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 6, 2023
  3. Firewall Rule - Remote Desktop - This rule has been applied by the system administrator

I have update 4 pc's on my network and found there is a problem with the windows firewall rule for remote desktop.

In the firewall inbound rules there is a rule for both Domain & Private blocking the remote desktop and this rule can not be edited "This rule has been applied by the system administrator and can not be modified" The red circle with a line through it on
    the windows firewall advanced settings inbound rules.

This rule is not in any GPO's i have been through and checked everything, all other versions of windows on my domain work fine. The windows 10 upgrade has effected 3 windows 7 pro systems and 1 windows 8.1 pro system. Currently i have stopped upgrading as
    i cant fix the issue.

I have edited the registry and deleted all references -does not work

Checked the local GPO - nothing in there either

Checked the Domain GPO - Set to allow or not set, no blocking rules

Can someone please help as i have searched the internet and tried everything i found.

Thanks

Darren

ps i class myself as an advanced amateur when it comes to windows Apply local firewall rules ;)

Darren B - CandA, Apr 6, 2023
  4. TwuTu Win User

Apply local firewall rules

Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

Hello!

Today I've blocked all connections of a program by creating a outbound rule in Windows Firewall. However, I now wish to remove it. The problem: I can't find that newly created rule anywhere in the list. The rule does take an effect, since deactivating the
    Firewall lets the program run properly. I can only see rules in the list that "allow" stuff, but not those who block things.

What I have tried so far:

- All filters set to "Show all" within the Firewall

- Created the same rule again, doesn't show up

- Created a rule that allows the program, shows up

Any solutions?

TwuTu, Apr 6, 2023
Thema:

Apply local firewall rules

1. Apply local firewall rules - Similar Threads - Apply local firewall

2. Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules: I inherited a remote machine at work. It is a Windows server 2016It has the Windows Network Multiplexor Adapter applied and utilizes two network portsHow can I disable or modify it so that I can add local firewall rulesI have tried adding firewall rules but whatever rules I...
  3. Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules: I inherited a remote machine at work. It is a Windows server 2016It has the Windows Network Multiplexor Adapter applied and utilizes two network portsHow can I disable or modify it so that I can add local firewall rulesI have tried adding firewall rules but whatever rules I...
  4. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apply local firewall rules: Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an image.RegardsShaun...
  5. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apply local firewall rules: Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an image.RegardsShaun...
  6. Windows Firewall Rules don't apply

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall Rules don't apply: Hi. Recently, I needed to foward some ports. I attempted to add a new rule to Windows Firewall, and it didn't seem to open the port. I then tried to close a port. Didn't work either. During both of these, I turned off my router firewall. All the services are running. Help...
  7. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  8. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  9. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  10. firewall alerts even with advanced rules applied

firewall alerts even with advanced rules applied: I use Windows Firewall with advanced rules applied (such as remote desktop & ftp server ports, etc.). I am getting daily notifications that my firewall "is in an unsafe configuration and is being managed by your system administrator", but when I open WF with Advanced Security...