Windows 10: App with no name preventing shut down but dissapears in less than a second?

Discus and support App with no name preventing shut down but dissapears in less than a second? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have this app with no name that prevents shutdown, but the problem is that it dissapears without me touching anything so I can't press anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arjit, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Arjit Win User

App with no name preventing shut down but dissapears in less than a second?

So I have this app with no name that prevents shutdown, but the problem is that it dissapears without me touching anything so I can't press anything. It makes my shutdown longer than it should be. I have tried sfc scannow, system file checker and many more. Just recently I reset my pc where I clicked remove everything but the problem wasn't fixed after that. I tried defender offline scan and now I have norton premium and nothing comes up on those scans. I did get a virus before but it was removed by Norton and my laptop was reset multiple times after that. And is it normal for my desktop folde

:)

Arjit, Feb 24, 2024

2. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the applications and this comes for no reason. This application appears and dissapears in less than a second.

There is this one app without a name that prevents shut down but dissapears in a second when shutting down my pc. I made a video on my phone and found out that it says this app is preventing you from shutting down. The app has no name, I close all my application when I shut down my pc but this appears sometimes when shutting down but before it used to happen every shutdown and dissapears in a fraction of a second. Do you recon this can fix this issue or what are the other fixes?

Arjit Singh, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Arjit Win User
    There is an application that appears and dissapears when shutting down pc?

Btw I made a video and In that I found no name of the file but all it said was this app is preventing shut down which appeared and dissapeared in a fraction of a second.

Arjit, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Arjit Win User

There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the applications and this comes for no reason. This application appears and dissapears in less than a second.

I can't find it, I think this might be a corrupt file or some file. It says this app is preventing you from shutting down. It appears and dissapears in a second so I can't do anythong about it. I close all the application. Perhaps you can tell me some ways to fix this unamed file. There is no such thing in task manager without a name.

Arjit, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

1. App with no name preventing shut down but dissapears in less than a second? - Similar Threads - App name preventing

2. App with no name preventing shut down but dissapears in less than a second?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App with no name preventing shut down but dissapears in less than a second?: So I have this app with no name that prevents shutdown, but the problem is that it dissapears without me touching anything so I can't press anything. It makes my shutdown longer than it should be. I have tried sfc scannow, system file checker and many more. Just recently I...
  3. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...: There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my computer when shutting down. This application has no name and just appears and dissapears in a fraction of a second so I...
  4. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...: There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my computer when shutting down. This application has no name and just appears and dissapears in a fraction of a second so I...
  5. App preventing my computer from shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App preventing my computer from shutting down: Hi,Sometimes when I shut down my computer, I will see a screen that says Program Manager is preventing my computer from shutting down even though I have closed all my programs. Does anyone know why this is happening?...
  6. System shuts down when battery is less than 50%

System shuts down when battery is less than 50%: When the laptop is not connected to the charger & battery is around 50% or less & it is in sleep mode. When I try to move the mouse or click the keyboard so that it comes out of sleep mode, the laptop shuts down. Checked the event viewer & the following event is logged...
  7. Windows will shut down in less than a minute.

Windows will shut down in less than a minute.: After installing a windows update a while back, I keep getting a pop-up every once in a while saying "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute." Sometimes it happens a few times in a row, sometimes it doesn't happen for days. Also, Windows...
  8. "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute"

"You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute": Why am I getting this message? It happens several times a week and it's very frustrating. My computer has shut down while I am in class, and it's ridiculous that there is no option to postpone the shutdown. I'm using Windows 10 , and my Windows version is 20H2. Automatic...
  9. This app is preventing you from shut down

This app is preventing you from shut down: While I am restarting or shutting down my pc, this window comes up and stays for some second. The app name/icon which is preventing me from shutting down is not clear. What's the matter? Is it a virus? [ATTACH]...
  10. Apps that prevent my PC from shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps that prevent my PC from shutting down: So I have 2 programs in the autostart, Winamp and Chatty and before format Winamp used to prevent from shutting down, now after the format it's Chatty (I believe having them in autostart casuses the problem, maybe it's something different). Is there any solution? submitted...