Windows 10: App icons not showing up and showing as a blank doc

Discus and support App icons not showing up and showing as a blank doc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Icej270 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Icej270, May 29, 2022.

1. App icons not showing up and showing as a blank doc

/u/Icej270, May 29, 2022
  2. jackin Win User

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

App icons not showing up and showing as a blank doc 67d2b65a-a526-42eb-baec-6b5480451d19?upload=true.jpg

These icons correspond to Windows Explorer, IE and Office 365 programs.

Steps i took to resolve issue, but did not help are:

1. In order to fix generic blank icon issue on taskbar i killed explorer.exe and restarted it but this did not resolve issue.
    2. Ran quick repair on Office 365 & restarted Windows.

jackin, May 29, 2022
  3. aosman Win User
    Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps

Hi there, I have a similar imperfection which showed up upgrading to creators pack 2. When I search for Window store apps, (i.e. Mail, Calculator, Feedback, Edge) with Cortana, I always get blank icons. The app icons appear if I dock them to start or to task bar and they all work. It's only the icon that is missing when I search.

I have tried rebuilding search index, reinstalling whatever apps I can actually reinstall (like mail) and what was suggested above, but it does not fix it. Any ideas?

I have reported it to Microsoft via feedback app, but wondering if anyone else has been able to manually fix it.

App icons not showing up and showing as a blank doc [​IMG]

App icons not showing up and showing as a blank doc [​IMG]

aosman, May 29, 2022
  4. ?jeff Win User

App icons not showing up and showing as a blank doc

Show excel grids in emailed docs

I am so far unable to email excel docs that I've edited on my winphone8 with the grids showing(I want them showing). Any suggestions?

?jeff, May 29, 2022
Thema:

App icons not showing up and showing as a blank doc

1. App icons not showing up and showing as a blank doc - Similar Threads - App icons showing

2. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.: So, I booted my computer up and it said scanning disk so I thought that was a bit weird.Then, it booted and the icons for all apps were gone, the windows icon button wasn't working, the search bar wasn't working, I couldn't open file explorer and when I tries the sfc /scannow...
  3. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.: So, I booted my computer up and it said scanning disk so I thought that was a bit weird.Then, it booted and the icons for all apps were gone, the windows icon button wasn't working, the search bar wasn't working, I couldn't open file explorer and when I tries the sfc /scannow...
  4. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My windows defender is not working. It shows a blank screen of the app not showing icons of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My windows defender is not working. It shows a blank screen of the app not showing icons of...: I tried everything to fix the issues through the registry and other possible steps. Please check the screenshot for proper issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-windows-defender-is-not-working-it-shows-a/d52da306-7cd1-4558-9475-eb0dae8e97c8
  6. Microsoft My Phone App showing up blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft My Phone App showing up blank: [ATTACH] This is all i get when I open the Your Phone app... [ATTACH] Would like to be able to make phone calls etc. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-my-phone-app-showing-up-blank/6768a420-c3d7-4ed8-939c-f00d0026c757
  7. some icons show blank generic icon

in Windows 10 Support
    some icons show blank generic icon: i have a problem with my windows 10 desktop (1903 built 18362.952) where the icons will be blanked (see the attachement with the red squares) - how do i reset it? it also appears in file explorer. it does not effect my programs operation however. 149110
  8. Icons for certain programs showing up blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons for certain programs showing up blank: I have 2 programs whose icons suddenly stopped showing. It's both on old shortcuts, new shortcuts and the .exe file in itself as well, so even though I change the shortcut icon, the main icon still stays blank. The 2 programs are CEMU (Wii U emulator) and Assassin's Creed...
  9. USB Sticks showing up as blank icons on Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Sticks showing up as blank icons on Explorer: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gollorium [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e70w0v/usb_sticks_showing_up_as_blank_icons_on_explorer/
  10. Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?: Hi! I just got a new laptop the other day, and for some reason all of my app shortcut icons have changed to a plain white document icon. See below: [img] Why did this happen and more importantly, how do I fix it? For convenience and aesthetic purposes. iTunes is the only...