Windows 10: Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update?

Discus and support Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This method worked perfectly with both my laptop and main machine. Thank you. Here is the setup in plain english Go To: Tech Bench Scroll down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by leafdesigner, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update?

This method worked perfectly with both my laptop and main machine. Thank you.

leafdesigner, Nov 20, 2015

2. What kind of glitches are you having? I've noticed no problems so far with the update.

3. Kyhi Win User
    I would think , based upon a lot of different reports, that there are under lying issues here...
    Not Bugs, per say..

Just my thoughts...

4. Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update?

I'm curious...what kind of under lying issues are you referring to?

5. jshaw42 Win User
    I can't change the password in my user account. When I click on "Sign In Options" it hangs up and goes no where.
    I can't add favorites from Foxfire to Edge.
    File Explorer does not recognize my NAS as a Network location as it did in W& and W!) prior to the November update.

There are more, but I can't think of them at the moment. I will keep track from here on.

Add:
    Now I must sign into my computer using my Microsoft Account sign-in at start up. I just found that I can set it to a Local User, but I have to set up a password for that as well. I never had to before the November update. I was allowed to set it so that a password was unnecessary.

jshaw42, Nov 20, 2015
  6. Still waiting for Threshold 2 here. Enterprise, clean install end of September.

WU seems to be working, since it's doing the Windows Defender daily update.

Is anyone else still waiting, or am I, in fact, the only one? *Smile

ChrisA22963, Nov 20, 2015
  7. "Defer updates" may be enabled, since you're running the Enterprise edition. Check this out:Fix New Windows 10 update 1511 not showing up - gHacks Tech News

Otherwise, since you just did a clean install at the end of September, that could be the reason. MS said that new installs would have to wait 31 days to receive the update. Not sure if they meant 31 days after the Nov. 12 roll out or 31 days after you did your clean install.

Apparently, the Windows Media Creation tool also won't allow you to download the fall update (build 1511) any more. I guess MS got wise to the fact that a lot of people were tired of waiting for the update to appear and were trying this route.

8. NavyLCDR New Member

Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update?

Microsoft has pulled the build 10586 update. If you didn't download it before yesterday - you aren't going to get it.

NavyLCDR, Nov 20, 2015
  9. Checked my other laptop and it's says fully updated. No TH2 download at all. Stuck at 10240

theveterans, Nov 20, 2015
  10. Almighty1 Win User
  11. No, it's not (checked the settings screen and the policy).

I thought the 31 days was for people that upgraded from an earlier version, to allow them to downgrade if they want to.

I didn't think it applies to clean installs.

ChrisA22963, Nov 21, 2015
  12. Almighty1 Win User
    I think Microsoft just basically looked at 31 days from the date of any installation, clean or upgrade as in-place repair installs are not really upgrades either.

Almighty1, Nov 21, 2015
  13. satchmo Win User

I am still waiting also. I installed my Windows 10 on July 29th.

My son's computer already received the upgrade. I wonder what criteria Microsoft uses to determine the order of the upgrade.

satchmo, Nov 22, 2015
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    They are not pushing the 10586 through Windows Update any more. At least not until they decide to turn it on again, and we have no indication when that might be. If you want 10586, quit being stubborn, download it from one of the few Microsoft sources left and install it! Windows Update is nothing special. Or you can remain stubbornly on build 10240.

NavyLCDR, Nov 22, 2015
  15. Tonyb Win User
    MS has said they are doing it threw windows update only, they have pulled the update from every were else but windows update. that is what i read this morning on there blog.

Tonyb, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update? - Similar Threads - Anyone else still

2. Is anyone else having the problem with Windows 10 staying on the please wait screen for 5...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is anyone else having the problem with Windows 10 staying on the please wait screen for 5...: After it boots the please wait loading screen takes forever to load. I can't figure out how to fix that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anyone-else-having-the-problem-with-windows-10/bbf6620c-edf2-4927-a46f-01ae5c5a442f
  3. Is anyone else having the problem with Windows 10 staying on the please wait screen for 5...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone else having the problem with Windows 10 staying on the please wait screen for 5...: After it boots the please wait loading screen takes forever to load. I can't figure out how to fix that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anyone-else-having-the-problem-with-windows-10/bbf6620c-edf2-4927-a46f-01ae5c5a442f
  4. Is anyone else having the problem with Windows 10 staying on the please wait screen for 5...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  6. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  7. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Anyone Else had this update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone Else had this update: Has anyone else had this update downloaded and installed Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3106932) It went in ok but cant find out what it is for 28160
  9. Still waiting for the update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still waiting for the update: Here's the thing. I've registred my computer for a Windows 10 upgrade only last week. I'm still not having any notification about when I'll receive that upgrade. How long do I still have to wait ? Thanks... 17371
  10. Still waiting to chat, anyone else waiting a long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Still waiting to chat, anyone else waiting a long time: I have been #4 for almost an hr. I was 313 like 3hrs. ago 9633