Windows 10: Anybody experiencing laptop mic and camera issues not working after Windows driver update...

Discus and support Anybody experiencing laptop mic and camera issues not working after Windows driver update... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We recently purchased Lenovo L14 and L16 laptops and are using Windows Driver Update in Intune to manage Windows client device drivers. After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jackson Dy, Sep 18, 2024 at 4:52 PM.

1. Anybody experiencing laptop mic and camera issues not working after Windows driver update...

We recently purchased Lenovo L14 and L16 laptops and are using Windows Driver Update in Intune to manage Windows client device drivers. After the recent update the built-in webcam and / or camera stopped working. This only applies to these specific models in production. No issues using a similar laptop using the Lenovo driver update tool on the same laptop models.

:)

2. How to fix internal mic and camera?

My laptop internal mic and camera are not being detected. I have them turn "on" in the settings, but when i goto devices, there is no camera or mic listed. I ran troubleshooter, and i went all the way through all of the fix attempts to the end where it says there are no more fixes, and nothing worked.
    Since they are not listed, i cannot update their drivers.

CrazyCaboose009, Sep 18, 2024 at 8:07 PM
  3. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Sep 18, 2024 at 8:07 PM
  4. Anybody experiencing laptop mic and camera issues not working after Windows driver update...

Camera on laptop not working

Hello Ferrandino,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the camera is not working in your PC. We will help you.

As per the description above, you have tried troubleshooting and still the camera is not working. This could be a hardware issue in your PC.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What all steps did you try to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware or software changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try updating or reinstalling the camera drivers?
    • What is the exact make and model of your machine?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 18, 2024 at 8:07 PM
Thema:

Anybody experiencing laptop mic and camera issues not working after Windows driver update...

1. Anybody experiencing laptop mic and camera issues not working after Windows driver update... - Similar Threads - Anybody experiencing laptop

2. Anybody experiencing laptop mic and camera issues not working after Windows driver update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anybody experiencing laptop mic and camera issues not working after Windows driver update...: We recently purchased Lenovo L14 and L16 laptops and are using Windows Driver Update in Intune to manage Windows client device drivers. After the recent update the built-in webcam and / or camera stopped working. This only applies to these specific models in production. No...
  3. Mic issues after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic issues after update: Hello,I use my microphone daily for work and today after the windows update the microphone is suddenly registering only around 30% volume despite the setting turned up to 100%. I cannot use my microphone the shure mv7 so I tried my other microphone apogee hype mic and both...
  4. Mic issues after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic issues after update: Hello,I use my microphone daily for work and today after the windows update the microphone is suddenly registering only around 30% volume despite the setting turned up to 100%. I cannot use my microphone the shure mv7 so I tried my other microphone apogee hype mic and both...
  5. Mic issues after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. camera& mic not work in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera& mic not work in my laptop: camera& mic not work in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-mic-not-work-in-my-laptop/18f34486-29b5-42a2-a958-4a2f0611da2e
  7. Strange text input issues- Anybody experienced anything similar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange text input issues- Anybody experienced anything similar?: I have just set up a PC for a friend so he can work from home. After installing win 10 and doing the usual updates, office etc I noticed a problem once I had downloaded office and attempted to log into his account In Outlook. I could enter the email address when going through...
  8. Mic not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working after windows update: Last night I finally updated windows after putting it off for a while. When I tried to speak to other people in discord and games they told me that my mic was static. I tested the mic and listened to it through my headphones and heard a really grating, awful static sound...
  9. MIC and Camera not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MIC and Camera not working.: Ever since I have downloaded an Adobe Application package of Adobe Fuse, Photoshop and Visual Studio with Unity and Unreal Engine on my Low RAM laptop, my mic and camera for Zoom, Google Meet and Steam games has stopped working.What might be the problem?...
  10. Laptop camera not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop camera not working after Windows update: Integrated camera not working properly after Windows Update. Already checked drivers and updates, and uninstalling and reinstalling. Any help?...